Summer transfer window 2023 - rumours, links and discussion.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
clarets12
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Re: Summer transfer window 2023 - rumours, links and discussion.

Post by clarets12 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:11 pm

boyyanno wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:06 pm
It must be a near record low for points required to get in the play offs.
That can also mean the division has been competitive, not necessarily weak.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 498 times
Has Liked: 115 times

Post by boyyanno » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:22 pm

clarets12 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:11 pm
That can also mean the division has been competitive, not necessarily weak.
I did acknowledge that in my full post to be fair.

gandhisflipflop
Been Liked: 2317 times
Has Liked: 1399 times

Post by gandhisflipflop » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:24 pm

I’m relaxed about maatsen. If we get him in brilliant but I think there are other players who could replace him (Gomez being one). Beyer was the one player I was desperate to sign and I’m thrilled he did.
These 3 users liked this post: bobinho KateR whiffa

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1131 times
Has Liked: 1001 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:00 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:46 pm
Guess it depends how many they can offload and at what price. I can see all three of them being in some financial difficulties if they don’t severely cut their wage bills, albeit all have saleable assets.
The same was said about us

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:07 pm

Belgian press (HLN) linking us with Mike Tresor at Genk.

Here is some translation with his comments:

‘Best passer of the season, the Limburger is receiving interest from the Premier League and Burnley, where the profile of Mike Trésor is very popular with Vincent Kompany. This season was one of explosion for Mike Trésor, the competition's best passer. While Genk can still win the title, the Limburger knows he will have to make a decision about his future this summer but doesn't want to think about it just yet.

"I think that will be discussed in the coming weeks. We will sit around the table to discuss what is best for Genk and for myself. I am not saying that I will necessarily leave Belgium. I know that I still have a lot to learn and I must continue to strengthen myself on different levels" commented Trésor in the columns of Het Laatste Nieuws.

It's been a few weeks now that Vincent Kompany inquired about the profile of Mike Trésor. Now that the Clarets will play in the Premier League next season, the offer is even more attractive.

"Yes, I've been made aware of that interest. It's very nice to hear. He develops a philosophy that I would feel good about. For me, style of play has always been important in choosing a club." A statement that almost sounds like a foot call.’
These 2 users liked this post: burnley007 CoolClaret

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:12 pm

As well, HLN mention we are keen on Alieu Fadera (21), along with Club Brugge and Genk. He’s a left or right winger playing in the Belgian league.

Pickles
Been Liked: 1344 times
Has Liked: 1210 times

Post by Pickles » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:20 pm

Tresor gets lots of praise from all over, been touted for a while about a move to the Premier League.

Newcastleclaret93
Been Liked: 1559 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:23 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:07 pm
Belgian press (HLN) linking us with Mike Tresor at Genk.

Here is some translation with his comments:

‘Best passer of the season, the Limburger is receiving interest from the Premier League and Burnley, where the profile of Mike Trésor is very popular with Vincent Kompany. This season was one of explosion for Mike Trésor, the competition's best passer. While Genk can still win the title, the Limburger knows he will have to make a decision about his future this summer but doesn't want to think about it just yet.

"I think that will be discussed in the coming weeks. We will sit around the table to discuss what is best for Genk and for myself. I am not saying that I will necessarily leave Belgium. I know that I still have a lot to learn and I must continue to strengthen myself on different levels" commented Trésor in the columns of Het Laatste Nieuws.

It's been a few weeks now that Vincent Kompany inquired about the profile of Mike Trésor. Now that the Clarets will play in the Premier League next season, the offer is even more attractive.

"Yes, I've been made aware of that interest. It's very nice to hear. He develops a philosophy that I would feel good about. For me, style of play has always been important in choosing a club." A statement that almost sounds like a foot call.’
Got to think there’s some legs in this after reading that

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:30 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:23 pm
Does sound promising yes. Only thing with Tresor is he’s operating mainly off the wide left for Genk, where of course we have Zaroury. Not that I have an issue with having both of them, I just wonder if we’ll commit to 10-15m for someone who’s not a guaranteed starter.

northeastclaret
Been Liked: 307 times
Has Liked: 195 times

Post by northeastclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:33 pm

VK has said that it has really helped his transfer business getting promoted so soon.

Do you think therefore we already have agreements or agreements in principle in place for a number of players which won’t or can’t be announced until their contracts are up on June 30 or all parties don’t want them announced just yet?

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:39 pm

jedi_master wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:08 pm
A few stories on Twitter that Maatsen is up for sale at Chelsea and that we’ve been talking to them. Maatsens agent speaking to other clubs as well. No idea (as ever) how accurate any of that actually is.

Desperately hope we manage to bring him in.
going back about 6 months or so Maatsen said on his instagram that he was learning Spanish, I doubt that was just for his summer holidays so he obviously has an idea of him playing over there at some point

bumba
Been Liked: 663 times
Has Liked: 193 times

Post by bumba » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:40 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:44 pm
I’m sick of reading about Maatsen by people who know nothing.

Lesson number 1: young kids from the academy aren’t the finished product

HE’S JUST TURNED 21 YEARS OLD, OF COURSE HE’S GOING TO HAVE AREAS OF HIS GAME TO WORK ON.

like seriously, how uneducated do you have to be? Dutch u21 international, at the best Academy in world football, contributed massively to our promotion and still the same folk keep banging the same “he’s not the best ever defensively”.

Lesson number 2: THERE ARE ROLES WITHIN A TEAM

He wasn’t even in the fking team to primarily defend, he was the highest widest player for the majority of the season until he was reigned in a little for Roberts to be freed up.
Honestly I agree with a lot of what you say on here but this is pure garbage, yes there are roles within a team and Ian Maatsen's role wasn't to be the highest widest player, he was deployed as a left back.
Yes attacking wise he offered a lot but defensively he is very weak at the moment, nothing to do with age. He is 21 and at the 'best academy in the world' yet at 21 he's never made a first team appearance for them and they don't seem to rate him anywhere near good enough for the first team. Why is this?
He plays for the Dutch under 21's that's very good but means sweet FA regarding how he can defend, Lee Roche played for England under 21's how did that end? Not saying Maatsen will go the same way but we will defend a lot more in the premier league so him being the highest and widest player will cost us dearly, we need somebody stronger defensively.
We aren't Man City we aren't in a position to carry a defender that can't defend.
He is in the team to primarily defend no matter what you say, he looked so good going forward because we was so strong in that league.
Are you that uneducated that you don't realise the gap between the championship and premier league?
LESSON 1 don't accuse people of being uneducated or knowing nothing about football when there probably more qualified than yourself

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:43 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:23 pm
Had thought we’d get linked with him this summer after VKs scouting trips.

Of the realistic transfer links, Tresor & Mikautadze would be the two I’d be most excited about so far.
These 2 users liked this post: frankinwales Quicknick

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:44 pm

KRBFC wrote:

HE’S JUST TURNED 21 YEARS OLD, OF COURSE HE’S GOING TO HAVE AREAS OF HIS GAME TO WORK ON.

like seriously, how uneducated do you have to be? Dutch u21 international, at the best Academy in world football, contributed massively to our promotion and still the same folk keep banging the same “he’s not the best ever defensively”.

He wasn’t even in the fking team to primarily defend, he was the highest widest player for the majority of the season until he was reigned in a little for Roberts to be freed up.
1. I agree with pretty much everything you are saying about Maatsen…..it’s spot on tbh.

2. Why do you have to be such a d-ick about it though ?
These 3 users liked this post: Darnhill Claret KateR Greenmile

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:46 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:30 pm
Does sound promising yes. Only thing with Tresor is he’s operating mainly off the wide left for Genk, where of course we have Zaroury. Not that I have an issue with having both of them, I just wonder if we’ll commit to 10-15m for someone who’s not a guaranteed starter.
Perhaps he sees him as an interchangeable attacking midfielder.

I noticed that until last season he played nearly every game of his career in the central attacking midfielder role.

Maybe Kompany sees him as someone that could start central in some games and then play on the left in other?

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:48 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:43 pm

Of the realistic transfer links, Tresor & Mikautadze would be the two I’d be most excited about so far.
Yes those 2 and Lokonga.

Give a watch to the other lad in Belgium (Fadera) I mentioned too, I know you like your YouTube scouting trips :lol:

https://youtu.be/vblUYo1K0gA

Not sure about you but he reminds me a bit of Sarr.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:48 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:43 pm

I think them two along with Lokonga are all likely to happen.

Fit the system and VKs style

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2562 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:53 pm

If Tresor can get us guestlist then I'm all for it.
This user liked this post: PhiladelphiaChris

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:00 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:30 pm
Because of the intensity we have to play, we need options. No way will Zaroury play 90 mins, every game, in the PL. The same holds true for most positions barring keeper and centre backs.
This user liked this post: Silkyskills1

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:03 pm

bumba wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:40 pm
Honestly I agree with a lot of what you say on here but this is pure garbage, yes there are roles within a team and Ian Maatsen's role wasn't to be the highest widest player, he was deployed as a left back.
Yes attacking wise he offered a lot but defensively he is very weak at the moment, nothing to do with age. He is 21 and at the 'best academy in the world' yet at 21 he's never made a first team appearance for them and they don't seem to rate him anywhere near good enough for the first team. Why is this?
He plays for the Dutch under 21's that's very good but means sweet FA regarding how he can defend, Lee Roche played for England under 21's how did that end? Not saying Maatsen will go the same way but we will defend a lot more in the premier league so him being the highest and widest player will cost us dearly, we need somebody stronger defensively.
We aren't Man City we aren't in a position to carry a defender that can't defend.
He is in the team to primarily defend no matter what you say, he looked so good going forward because we was so strong in that league.
Are you that uneducated that you don't realise the gap between the championship and premier league?
LESSON 1 don't accuse people of being uneducated or knowing nothing about football when there probably more qualified than yourself
I'm not sure ripping up the template of our most successful season for years is the way forward for next year - there will be tweaks, but not massive changes - I will be very surprised if our full backs aren't asked to play exactly the same role next season
This user liked this post: Colburn_Claret

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2159 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:06 pm

Genk churn out some unbelievable talent - sounds promising does that

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:07 pm

Hard to read this thread sometimes but I think there are some good players out there who, shall we say, the more reliable sources are naming.

Lokonga
Gomez
Tresor
Mikautadze

These seem to be the ones with something more behind them than just a bloke in his bedroom who has run out of tissues making stuff up to cure the boredom.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:10 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:07 pm
Hard to read this thread sometimes but I think there are some good players out there who, shall we say, the more reliable sources are naming.

Lokonga
Gomez
Tresor
Mikautadze

These seem to be the ones with something more behind them than just a bloke in his bedroom who has run out of tissues making stuff up to cure the boredom.
I dont know much about Mikautadze, but players of that calibre would be four quality additions.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:11 pm

bumba wrote:
He is in the team to primarily defend
Wrong
This user liked this post: Silkyskills1

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:14 pm

bumba wrote:
yes there are roles within a team and Ian Maatsen's role wasn't to be the highest widest player, he was deployed as a left back.

Yes attacking wise he offered a lot but defensively he is very weak at the moment, nothing to do with age.
Maatsen’s role in the team was to be the highest and widest player in the team for most of the season. It doesn’t matter if he was listed on the team sheet at left back, left wing, central midfield or whatever.

You’re living in the 1980’s with the rigid Dyche like 442, where left back just defends, central midfielders run around like headless chickens and strikers contribute only goals. The game has moved on, there is little point looking at the formation on the lineup, coaches like VK rotate in game between several weird lineups.

An example of this; Maatsen listed LB, Cullen listed CM, Maatsen high and wide, Cullen operated more like a left back. Roberts (listed RB) then tucked inside to replace Cullen in CM.

Defensively he isn’t very weak and it’s all to do with age, with age comes experience, of course a kid has things to work on, experience will aid his development. He hasn’t even fully grown yet!
This user liked this post: Darnhill Claret

ksrclaret
Been Liked: 2488 times
Has Liked: 760 times

Post by ksrclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:16 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:10 pm
I dont know much about Mikautadze, but players of that calibre would be four quality additions.
I know very, very little about the first two and absolutely nothing about the second two, but I could have said exactly the same in August of last year and that seemed to turn out okay.

You've just got to trust the management team and to be fair that's an easy thing at the moment.

quoonbeatz
Been Liked: 2562 times
Has Liked: 757 times

Post by quoonbeatz » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:19 pm

bumba wrote:
He is in the team to primarily defend no matter what you say,
Have you told big Vincent that?

clarets12
Been Liked: 23 times
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by clarets12 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:22 pm

ksrclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:07 pm
Not sure why you're bringing me into this.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:26 pm

Everton after Wout

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:27 pm

@ Bumba

Refute this?

Pretty obvious he was in the team to be one of the biggest chance creators, and in help from transition from pinpoint quick passes from defence to attack.

I don’t know why people argue from a position of knowledge/authority when they’re quite clearly don’t really understand what they’re watching.

Football like KRBFC said has moved on significantly (without using that to beat Dyche with - because he’s also tactically very switched on)
Attachments
F35FF466-395E-4DC0-8B34-F88179646427.jpeg
F35FF466-395E-4DC0-8B34-F88179646427.jpeg (71.68 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
70CD4981-89BA-4735-9C9D-500D00F87B97.jpeg
70CD4981-89BA-4735-9C9D-500D00F87B97.jpeg (205.98 KiB) Viewed 1577 times
BF5BEEA7-BF76-498F-B86C-B4DEE408BE0D.jpeg
BF5BEEA7-BF76-498F-B86C-B4DEE408BE0D.jpeg (76.84 KiB) Viewed 1577 times

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:28 pm

Judging by how hard VK was already working in securing new signings even before his BFC appointment was confirmed, I have a feeling that once the window opens mid month, that a number will fall into place fairly soon after.
This user liked this post: Quicknick

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:28 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:14 pm
Maatsen’s role in the team was to be the highest and widest player in the team for most of the season. It doesn’t matter if he was listed on the team sheet at left back, left wing, central midfield or whatever.

You’re living in the 1980’s with the rigid Dyche like 442, where left back just defends, central midfielders run around like headless chickens and strikers contribute only goals. The game has moved on, there is little point looking at the formation on the lineup, coaches like VK rotate in game between several weird lineups.

An example of this; Maatsen listed LB, Cullen listed CM, Maatsen high and wide, Cullen operated more like a left back. Roberts (listed RB) then tucked inside to replace Cullen in CM.

Defensively he isn’t very weak and it’s all to do with age, with age comes experience, of course a kid has things to work on, experience will aid his development. He hasn’t even fully grown yet!
The evidence of this is clear.

Maatsen had a more advanced position across the season on average than cullen
This user liked this post: Darnhill Claret

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:28 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:26 pm
Everton after Wout
:lol: Gotta be a wind up. Dyche didn’t have a clue how to use him.

Newcastleclaret93

Post by Newcastleclaret93 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:29 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:28 pm
:lol: Gotta be a wind up. Dyche didn’t have a clue how to use him.
Talksport exclusive

RVclaret

Post by RVclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:33 pm

London Evening Standard suggesting Chelsea want £20m for Maatsen.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 85474.html

Think that opens the door for Sergio Gomez from City (unless we loan Maatsen again).

123EasyasBFC
Been Liked: 561 times
Has Liked: 160 times

Post by 123EasyasBFC » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:36 pm

Don’t see us breaking our transfer record on a full back
This user liked this post: KateR

Andingle
Been Liked: 273 times
Has Liked: 349 times

Post by Andingle » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:40 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:33 pm

Think that opens the door for Sergio Gomez from City (unless we loan Maatsen again).
Isn't Maatsen going into the last 12 month of his contract at Chelsea?

AGENT_CLARET
Been Liked: 1131 times
Has Liked: 1001 times

Post by AGENT_CLARET » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:44 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:33 pm

I think they meant 2.0 million

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3037 times
Has Liked: 3759 times

Post by NewClaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:46 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:48 pm
Yes those 2 and Lokonga.

Give a watch to the other lad in Belgium (Fadera) I mentioned too, I know you like your YouTube scouting trips :lol:

https://youtu.be/vblUYo1K0gA

Not sure about you but he reminds me a bit of Sarr.
You know me too well RV :lol:

Yeah, he definitely has a bit of Sarr about him. Leggy but skilful. Looks more one for the future to me… Tresor would be battling it out for a place in the team.

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 174 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Cooclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:02 pm

KRBFC wrote:

Does this mean you think you know everything?

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 174 times
Has Liked: 371 times

Post by Cooclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:03 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:26 pm
Everton after Wout
Hahahahaha

Taffy on the wing
Been Liked: 1020 times
Has Liked: 3163 times

Post by Taffy on the wing » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:10 pm

warksclaret wrote:
Judging by how hard VK was already working in securing new signings even before his BFC appointment was confirmed, I have a feeling that once the window opens mid month, that a number will fall into place fairly soon after.
Let's hope so........might lessen the bickering on here.

RicardoMontalban
Been Liked: 288 times
Has Liked: 310 times

Post by RicardoMontalban » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:12 pm

Taffy on the wing wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:10 pm
Let's hope so........might lessen the bickering on here.
Love the optimism!

bumba

Post by bumba » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:14 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:14 pm

So VK has told you Ian Maatsen's role is too be the highest and widest player at all times?
His role is left back, a left back these days attacks as much as they defend but his job over Zaroury's on the left was to stop the right winger, something he struggled with against anybody half decent.
You seem to think your from the school of football with a brain like Pep.
Ian Maatsen if deployed in our team in the premier league will have to defend more than he gets to attack, plenty of 21 year old full backs can defend.
Why does TAA get so much stick regarding his defending? Why did Liverpool concede so many goals from his side? Why doesn't the England manager fancy him when he's so good at attacking and creating chances? Maybe it's because his role is to defend first.
All roles have changed but there also still as simple as ever, football is a simple game.
We just play an expressive style of play now where players get more freedom to move out of the usual squares players used to be taught to play in and can roam more freely when in possession but out of possession Ian Maatsen's role is to get back in to the left back position and defend.

bumba

Post by bumba » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:16 pm

Newcastleclaret93 wrote:
The evidence of this is clear.

Maatsen had a more advanced position across the season on average than cullen
More advanced in possession because Cullen's role was to cover gaps left by full backs, out of possession Maatsen was deeper and needed to defend.
There's two parts to put game in possession and out of possession, some of you 'in the know' modern tactic genius' only seem to understand one side of our game

Lancasterclaret
Been Liked: 8058 times
Has Liked: 4714 times

Post by Lancasterclaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:25 pm

bumba wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:14 pm
So VK has told you Ian Maatsen's role is too be the highest and widest player at all times?
His role is left back, a left back these days attacks as much as they defend but his job over Zaroury's on the left was to stop the right winger, something he struggled with against anybody half decent.
Ian Maatsen if deployed in our team in the premier league will have to defend more than he gets to attack, plenty of 21 year old full backs can defend.
Why does TAA get so much stick regarding his defending? Why did Liverpool concede so many goals from his side? Why doesn't the England manager fancy him when he's so good at attacking and creating chances? Maybe it's because his role is to defend first.
All roles have changed but there also still as simple as ever, football is a simple game.
We just play an expressive style of play now where players get more freedom to move out of the usual squares players used to be taught to play in and can roam more freely when in possession but out of possession Ian Maatsen's role is to get back in to the left back position and defend.
Mate, you are digging yourself a huge hole here

There is no way that we'd play the way we did last season and then suddenly change the role of both full backs (who excelled)

If they don't go forward, then we aren't anywhere near as attacking, then we aren't anywhere near as threatening, then we aren't anywhere near the team that romped the championship

There will be tactical tweaks I'm sure, but not like that

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1009 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:26 pm

In the absence of any decent sport on tv this afternoon I was going to watch a sky sports boxing gold classic of Hagler v Hearns.

I might put that on hold for a while to watch The Burnley Pep v Burnley Bassett

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:38 pm

Zom Zom wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 2:03 pm
I read an article linking Eden Hazard too. May just be fantasy, and I can't recall where I found it, but it has indeed been suggested.
Just negotiated his release from Real.

Down_Rover
Been Liked: 445 times
Has Liked: 187 times

Post by Down_Rover » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:43 pm

Tricky Trevor wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 3:20 pm
Maatsen has had some tremendous games but far too many poor games for me to think he can cut it in the PL.
Muric has made very few WOW saves and has been beaten too often without making an attempt. Either his positioning is poor or his reflexes.
Only opinions.
Update on Maatsen

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:48 pm

bumba wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:14 pm
You’ve just completely ignored any/every viewpoint and evidence to contradict your original assertion by creating your own reality to try and justify your own viewpoint.

Trent gets stick because he watches players walk past him and doesn’t get stuck in - he isn’t in that team at right back to defend and looks a bit more vulnerable now because the guy who was sweeping up for him (Jordan Henderson) is a few years older and a bit slower.

It’s infuriating and tiresome hearing/listening to people’s opinions on players/tactics - especially around Maatsen and Muric when it’s coming from pure ignorance.