Congratulations Sean Dyche

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
equinox
Been Liked: 193 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Re: Congratulations Sean Dyche

Post by equinox » Mon May 29, 2023 5:53 pm

Sean would actually be better off at relegated Leicester, he'd get them straight back and they'd appreciate him, we all know how it's going to pan out at Everton, they've started on him already.

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6340 times
Has Liked: 8651 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon May 29, 2023 5:55 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 8:49 am
You can't be 100% sure what would have happened otherwise if he wasn't appointed.
They were swirling down the plughole and Lampard was out of it.

Mr D organised them, fired them up and got some belief.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1179 times
Has Liked: 778 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 29, 2023 5:56 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 5:43 pm
Don't be a berk, Jakub, the only thing up for discussion is your usual stupidity. You know damn well that I've praised Dyche in this thread yet you still try to mask your illiteracy by claiming otherwise.

You claimed quite clearly that Dyche "probably" kept Everton up whereas, in fact, he certainly kept them up.

The fact that you couldn't actually write what you meant to say is your problem and no one else's.
He probably did keep them up that should be beyond any reasonable doubt, but it's also possible but improbable that frank or somebody else could have done as well, regarding you praising dyche that's your business & nobody else's, I haven't commented or suggested 1 way or the other that you have or haven't as it's none of my business, I'm not quite sure what gives you the idea that I've claimed otherwise, but I'm certainly not going to start guessing what's going on upstairs with the contents of your cranium I suspect it's a empty void.

Elizabeth
Been Liked: 1250 times
Has Liked: 1367 times

Post by Elizabeth » Mon May 29, 2023 6:04 pm

The only reason I wanted Everton to stay up was because of Dyche. I wasn’t even bothered about our 3 ex players.
He’s an inspirational manager and while it was probably time for him to go with us , it was also probably the right time for him to take over Everton.
These 3 users liked this post: evensteadiereddie Quicknick claret54

evensteadiereddie
Been Liked: 3146 times
Has Liked: 10202 times

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon May 29, 2023 6:06 pm

So you're still persisting with the idiotic notion that Dyche has only "probably" saved Everton from relegation?
Read the papers, you cretin.
Everton are safe, Dyche came in, matters improved and they stayed up.
As other posters have suggested, you are stupid, a troll or both.
Oh aye and before you start whingeing about personal comments, look back at your last one- you started us down this path.
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
A great thread and luckily not quite spoiled by your inability to write, yet again, your thoughts coherently.

boatshed bill
Been Liked: 3137 times
Has Liked: 6682 times

Post by boatshed bill » Mon May 29, 2023 6:07 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:04 pm
The only reason I wanted Everton to stay up was because of Dyche. I wasn’t even bothered about our 3 ex players.
He’s an inspirational manager and while it was probably time for him to go with us , it was also probably the right time for him to take over Everton.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's sacked before Xmas unless they vastly improve. Wouldn't be his fault, it's just Everton.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 29, 2023 6:10 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:04 pm
He should have gone at the end of season I don't understand why you would replace him with MJ as a gamble despite MJ doing a good job, plenty's been said that a reboot & some sort of a reset was needed which is completely true but you don't need to drop into the championship for the reset to take place, the signings VK attracted could have been attracted in the PL to a even greater calibre.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Mon May 29, 2023 6:18 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:10 pm
He should have gone at the end of season I don't understand why you would replace him with MJ as a gamble despite MJ doing a good job, plenty's been said that a reboot & some sort of a reset was needed which is completely true but you don't need to drop into the championship for the reset to take place, the signings VK attracted could have been attracted in the PL to a even greater calibre.
That gamble (as you put it) nearly saved us.
Things had gone really stale and any change would have been worth a try.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon May 29, 2023 6:19 pm

No way on earth would we have attracted players of the calibre we did without VK' s knowledge, experience and charisma.
The relegation was necessary for radical change to come about and, thankfully, it worked.
To suggest Jackson would have us playing decent football with a raft of new, exciting, young talent in our quest for PL survival this season is fanciful to say the least.
Boatshed is right in that we almost made it but even if we had, I suspect it would have been more of the same.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 29, 2023 6:27 pm

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:19 pm
No way on earth would we have attracted players of the calibre we did without VK' s knowledge, experience and charisma.
The relegation was necessary for radical change to come about and, thankfully, it worked.
To suggest Jackson would have us playing decent football with a raft of new, exciting, young talent in our quest for PL survival this season is fanciful to say the least.
Boatshed is right in that we almost made it but even if we had, I suspect it would have been more of the same.
I'm on about appointing VK whilst we was in the PL without the promotion, I'm of the belief we would have retained our PL status keeping dyche in situ, (even more so now with recent events) relegation is never necessary if it was necessary you wouldn't be trying to avoid the bloody thing the all season like the titanic aiming for the iceberg.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Mon May 29, 2023 6:32 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:27 pm
I'm on about appointing VK whilst we was in the PL without the promotion, I'm of the belief we would have retained our PL status keeping dyche in situ, (even more so now with recent events) relegation is never necessary if it was necessary you wouldn't be trying to avoid the bloody thing the all season like the titanic aiming for the iceberg.
Strange way of looking at it.
With SD we were heading out of the PL, the stats say so.
Had he managed the impossible SD may have kept his job, no hint that we would have appointed VK

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 29, 2023 6:33 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:32 pm
Strange way of looking at it.
With SD we were heading out of the PL, the stats say so.
Had he managed the impossible SD may have kept his job, no hint that we would have appointed VK
Them same stats that had Everton dead & buried prior!

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Mon May 29, 2023 6:35 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
the signings VK attracted could have been attracted in the PL to a even greater calibre.
I do hope you are right

TheFamilyCat
Been Liked: 5516 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by TheFamilyCat » Mon May 29, 2023 6:36 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
If you'd actually watched some games you'd probably have had a much clearer understanding.

RicardoMontalban
Been Liked: 288 times
Has Liked: 310 times

Post by RicardoMontalban » Mon May 29, 2023 6:36 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:27 pm
If you’re of the belief Dyche would’ve kept us up then I fear you’ll believe in anything. I think our time had come and by Dyche’s own admission he’d tried every trick in the book, but the players had stopped responding to him. when that happens it’s time to call time. And that he got a just enough response with a completely different set of players is has no baring on our fortunes last year.

Pace took a punt, like a thousand football club owners before him, that the ‘bounce’ clubs often get with a drag injection of ideas with a manager change would be enough to save us. It didn’t, but the rest is history.
This user liked this post: evensteadiereddie

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 29, 2023 6:37 pm

TheFamilyCat wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:36 pm
If you'd actually watched some games you'd probably have had a much clearer understanding.
I do I've got a nice Sony which serves me well.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon May 29, 2023 6:39 pm

And that tells us all we need to know...

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Mon May 29, 2023 6:39 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:33 pm
Them same stats that had Everton dead & buried prior!
No, different stats obviously. :D

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Mon May 29, 2023 6:41 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:07 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if he's sacked before Xmas unless they vastly improve. Wouldn't be his fault, it's just Everton.
With a full pre season and a good striker I can see him getting Everton into a mid table position by Xmas.
Granted he’s at a toxic club but that’s not his fault. He has the fans onside and that is not to be underestimated in the midst of mayhem in the boardroom

Belgianclaret
Been Liked: 932 times
Has Liked: 165 times

Post by Belgianclaret » Mon May 29, 2023 6:46 pm

The adoration for some and the contempt of others is sometimes exaggerated on here.

Here’s my tuppence worth:

1. Dyche managed to overachieve for years with a small and relatively cheap squad.
2. His last season in charge was a season too much and in hindsight and given the sudden uplift under Jackson he possibly should have been sacked earlier.
3. One point of criticism is that his radar was firmly fixed on British players (some of which were overpriced if you ask me). The strategy followed by VK this season shows we might have lost a few years.

Conclusion: good manager in his time here yes, all time great not really.
He has moved on and do have we, onwards & upwards 😎
This user liked this post: Darnhill Claret

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Mon May 29, 2023 6:48 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:41 pm
With a full pre season and a good striker I can see him getting Everton into a mid table position by Xmas.
Granted he’s at a toxic club but that’s not his fault. He has the fans onside and that is not to be underestimated in the midst of mayhem in the boardroom
Those fans (or at least a section of them) can turn very quickly.
But it does appear that he has sparked some of the under performers into making the required effort.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Mon May 29, 2023 6:50 pm

His poor last season does not stop him being seen as one of Burnley’s all time great managers. It’s one that history will define
These 3 users liked this post: claret54 GodIsADeeJay81 bfcjg

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 29, 2023 6:51 pm

RicardoMontalban wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:36 pm
If you’re of the belief Dyche would’ve kept us up then I fear you’ll believe in anything. I think our time had come and by Dyche’s own admission he’d tried every trick in the book, but the players had stopped responding to him. when that happens it’s time to call time. And that he got a just enough response with a completely different set of players is has no baring on our fortunes last year.

Pace took a punt, like a thousand football club owners before him, that the ‘bounce’ clubs often get with a drag injection of ideas with a manager change would be enough to save us. It didn’t, but the rest is history.
https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/f ... e-24727299
That defeatist admission you claim isn't there, dyche actually claims the exact opposite he retained the belief himself that he would have done the job.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Mon May 29, 2023 6:51 pm

boatshed bill wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:48 pm
Those fans (or at least a section of them) can turn very quickly.
But it does appear that he has sparked some of the under performers into making the required effort.
I think what he has done with McNeil is nothing short of amazing

equinox
Been Liked: 193 times
Has Liked: 39 times

Post by equinox » Mon May 29, 2023 6:56 pm

Belgianclaret wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:46 pm
The adoration for some and the contempt of others is sometimes exaggerated on here.

Here’s my tuppence worth:

1. Dyche managed to overachieve for years with a small and relatively cheap squad.
2. His last season in charge was a season too much and in hindsight and given the sudden uplift under Jackson he possibly should have been sacked earlier.
3. One point of criticism is that his radar was firmly fixed on British players (some of which were overpriced if you ask me). The strategy followed by VK this season shows we might have lost a few years.

Conclusion: good manager in his time here yes, all time great not really.
He has moved on and do have we, onwards & upwards 😎
Point 2 is debatable, particularly the 2nd bit, I believe if we'd have kept Dyche he'd have kept us up.

boatshed bill

Post by boatshed bill » Mon May 29, 2023 7:23 pm

Elizabeth wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:51 pm
I think what he has done with McNeil is nothing short of amazing
And I agree.
So why couldn't he do it the season before? My guess is it was time for a whole new era.. we're in it now.

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Mon May 29, 2023 7:25 pm

We were spent under Dyche. It can happen no matter how good the manager

warksclaret
Been Liked: 1676 times
Has Liked: 754 times

Post by warksclaret » Mon May 29, 2023 7:27 pm

It was a good achievement-job accomplished. He has huge mental strength and belief, and transmits that to his players. Had he gone to Leicester instead, at the same time joined Everton, the Foxes would have stayed up
This user liked this post: GodIsADeeJay81

Big Vinny K
Been Liked: 1008 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Big Vinny K » Mon May 29, 2023 8:07 pm

equinox wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:56 pm
Point 2 is debatable, particularly the 2nd bit, I believe if we'd have kept Dyche he'd have kept us up.
Why do you believe that ?
That season was not like the other ones when we were in relegation fights and we were consistently good picking up points against teams in and around us.
In the last season under Dyche we had failed to even score against the 2 bottom teams - Watford and Norwich - in 3 games under Dyche.
I’d love to have believed Dyche could have kept us up but I just could not see any evidence of it on the pitch. When he left our form improved almost immediately but the hard facts are that it’s a brutal league and at least half the league go into every season at a risk of relegation every season and at some point as can be seen this year it’s just becomes your turn.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon May 29, 2023 8:15 pm

Harsh but very true, BVK.
I was shocked and disappointed by Dyche's sacking but the truth is, as a squad, we weren't up keeping our place.
In the LET article earlier in the thread, Dyche acknowledges that but blames a lack of investment but takes little blame for allowing the squad to deteriorate year on year.
For one reason or another, he didn't have the tools to do the job the gems of players we had, McNeil for one, was asked to do a crazy amount of graft for such a young lad at elite level.
We nearly made it but, to be fair, we were never really good enough.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 29, 2023 8:58 pm

If dyche himself had faith in his own abilities which clearly is the case with what he's stated himself, on balance & going off the course of his tenure I'd trust his own judgement which is deserving & further reinforced with what he achieved yesterday.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Mon May 29, 2023 9:01 pm

Say what?

RicardoMontalban

Post by RicardoMontalban » Mon May 29, 2023 9:40 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:51 pm
https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/f ... e-24727299
That defeatist admission you claim isn't there, dyche actually claims the exact opposite he retained the belief himself that he would have done the job.
Breaking News: out of work Manager still backs himself.

Read the Athletic articles from the time, or his comments on various podcasts, he admitted they’d lost their edge and the feeling in the camp was players no longer wanted to run through those brick walls.

He may still have backed himself, he’d hardly going to say otherwise, but the gig is up at that point.

He’ll rightly be regarded as a club legend, doesn’t make the above any less true.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1503 times
Has Liked: 577 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Mon May 29, 2023 10:14 pm

equinox wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 6:56 pm
I don’t think it’s debatable, I think it’s correct. He’d completely lost the players, not least the captain - have a look at some of Mee’s comments since.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 29, 2023 10:24 pm

RicardoMontalban wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 9:40 pm
Breaking News: out of work Manager still backs himself.

Read the Athletic articles from the time, or his comments on various podcasts, he admitted they’d lost their edge and the feeling in the camp was players no longer wanted to run through those brick walls.

He may still have backed himself, he’d hardly going to say otherwise, but the gig is up at that point.

He’ll rightly be regarded as a club legend, doesn’t make the above any less true.
Or perhaps with whatever agenda or narrative suits - a more simple plausible explanation exists that he clearly felt enough was left in the tank with the likely points potentially up for grabs with the existing fixtures left.

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Mon May 29, 2023 10:29 pm

"I don't think we'd have gotten the required points to stay up if things kept going as they were" - Ben Mee

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 29, 2023 10:43 pm

Does mee have the same managerial nous or experience.

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Mon May 29, 2023 10:48 pm

Mee was his captain! Know when to end a conversation.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon May 29, 2023 10:50 pm

A yes or no would have more than sufficed!

Swizzlestick

Post by Swizzlestick » Mon May 29, 2023 10:56 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 10:50 pm
A yes or no would have more than sufficed!
It’s totally irrelevant unsurprisingly for you. It doesn’t matter if Carlo Ancelotti is manager, if your captain has lost faith in you, by definition the squad will have lost faith in you, and time’s up.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue May 30, 2023 12:15 am

IanMcL wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 5:55 pm
They were swirling down the plughole and Lampard was out of it.

Mr D organised them, fired them up and got some belief.
I agree wholeheartedly & I'm somewhere around 99% certain but I can't be 100% sure about things which haven't happened unlike some people, I can't see or predict or know how things would have transpired when the events haven't happened, it's a knack I need to work on.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Tue May 30, 2023 1:41 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 10:29 pm
"I don't think we'd have gotten the required points to stay up if things kept going as they were" - Ben Mee
That's a pretty vague statement, doesn't imply a loss of faith in the manager, or anyone else

I know it can be seen that way to suit agendas, but it could be about a number of things, like the attitude of other players for example

RicardoMontalban

Post by RicardoMontalban » Tue May 30, 2023 5:54 am

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:41 am
That's a pretty vague statement, doesn't imply a loss of faith in the manager, or anyone else

I know it can be seen that way to suit agendas, but it could be about a number of things, like the attitude of other players for example
“There is a feeling inside your own group that the edge is coming off some of these (players). Footballers start growing their own opinions and deciding they know what they need and want. Then it’s like a collective downtime when it just starts drifting…”

“They mature and form their own selves and opinions. Some of the things that made them good, they don’t want anymore. Some of the things they want changed… there will be some people in that room thinking, ‘The king is dead, long live the king’, that’s just the way it goes.”

I take those words as being as close as an admission as you’re likely to get that he had lost enough players for it to make a difference, Ben Mee’s comments corroborate that feeling.

Woodleyclaret
Been Liked: 1468 times
Has Liked: 1839 times

Post by Woodleyclaret » Tue May 30, 2023 6:27 am

I will always appreciate Sean's time at Burnley he brought us some great seasons in the Sun .Whatever spin anyone puts on his ending imo he was let down by owners eager to keep our hard earned monies and had a different agenda re the future of BFC than Sean and us .Rightly he has questions re Evertons future .Not least of Evertons problems is the vanity project at Bramley Dock already £750m in cost and rising
His stock is high and playing politics with directors never ends well .Better to take the payoff and leave.

buzzclarets79
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by buzzclarets79 » Tue May 30, 2023 6:36 am

I really do hope that Everton keep hold of SD next season, or at least until we play them, because I can't wait to see this boards response to the match up and the result.

evensteadiereddie

Post by evensteadiereddie » Tue May 30, 2023 8:37 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 12:15 am
I agree wholeheartedly & I'm somewhere around 99% certain but I can't be 100% sure about things which haven't happened unlike some people, I can't see or predict or know how things would have transpired when the events haven't happened, it's a knack I need to work on.
The "events" have happened this last weekend, Sunday afternoon to be accurate. Everton stayed up. Dyche has been their manager for a few months. 100% true. End of.

No knack required, just a fully functioning brain.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue May 30, 2023 8:50 am

evensteadiereddie wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:37 am
The "events" have happened this last weekend, Sunday afternoon to be accurate. Everton stayed up. Dyche has been their manager for a few months. 100% true. End of.

No knack required, just a fully functioning brain.
I know all that I don't live under a rock, I can't say with 100% certainty what would have happened had frank stayed on or Everton had recruited somebody else, I'm pretty sure I've said this before, it's impossible to predict scenarios when in reality the events haven't played out.

claretonthecoast1882
Been Liked: 4159 times
Has Liked: 57 times

Post by claretonthecoast1882 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:51 am

This is like jakubs defence on Boris, he wasn't 100% he was a liar due to him never having lied to him directly so he isn't sure.

Seems jakub isn't sure of a lot

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue May 30, 2023 8:53 am

claretonthecoast1882 wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:51 am
This is like jakubs defence on Boris, he wasn't 100% he was a liar due to him never having lied to him directly so he isn't sure.

Seems jakub isn't sure of a lot
Yep sure is & that same mindset throughout my life has stood me in a good stead to where I am today, don't prejudge until you've heard it with your own ears & seen it with your own 2 eyes.

Targetman
Been Liked: 502 times
Has Liked: 46 times

Post by Targetman » Tue May 30, 2023 9:08 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:53 am
Yep sure is & that same mindset throughout my life has stood me in a good stead to where I am today, don't prejudge until you've heard it with your own ears & seen it with your own 2 eyes.
I do feel sorry for you at times in that you are missing out on so much in life in general.