France

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
bfcjg
Been Liked: 5000 times
Has Liked: 6715 times

France

Post by bfcjg » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:03 pm

Yet another assault on innocent people, this time in the main children, be they mass shootings in America or Islamic/IRA etc terrorists just what can be done to deter them ?
Hope all the victims survive.

TheOriginalLongsider
Been Liked: 426 times
Has Liked: 219 times

Re: France

Post by TheOriginalLongsider » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:05 pm

May well be mental health problems

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:10 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:03 pm
Yet another assault on innocent people, this time in the main children, be they mass shootings in America or Islamic/IRA etc terrorists just what can be done to deter them ?
What can be done? In this case you dont know?

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:15 pm

Sickening

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2159 times
Has Liked: 2046 times

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:16 pm

Least the bloke didn't have an AR-15, because it would have been a hell of a lot worse

Firthy
Been Liked: 1607 times
Has Liked: 275 times

Post by Firthy » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:16 pm

And they wonder why people don't want illegal immigrants into their country. Another pointless and needless attack on innocent people.

Elbarad
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:23 pm

Regardless of where in the world you are, whether it's in America with a gun or France with a knife, there seems to be more and more people willing to lash out at innocent bystanders and go down in a 'blaze of glory'. It's not one race, or class of people, or one means of doing the act. It's something more pervasive. I don't know what it is, but it's damned discouraging to me.

When this happens, there's a lot of quick blame and quick solutions thrown around, whether it's to ban guns, or types of guns, blame certain races or immigrants, or genders or what have you. The truth in my opinion is that it could be one of any class of people, who will take whatever means is available to do them because they just want to do the harm and will do it however they can.

Spijed
Been Liked: 2892 times
Has Liked: 1294 times

Post by Spijed » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:42 pm

Trouble is in America people don't want to give up the gun

FCBurnley
Been Liked: 1967 times
Has Liked: 1132 times

Post by FCBurnley » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:53 pm

It’s tough being one of the few in America without a gun like me. Even the police advise you to get one for self defense but how do they know you won’t turn from defender to attacker once you get a gun. And that’s the problem right there. Once the majority don’t have guns then the minority won’t need one

bobinho
Been Liked: 4069 times
Has Liked: 6535 times

Post by bobinho » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:02 pm

I would have no trouble justifying owning a gun for self defence reasons.

Why on earth it would need to take the form of an AR15 assault rifle I have no idea. Actually, as a civilian, I can’t find a good enough reason to own one of those for ANY reason…

Hope those attacked in France come through ok.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:13 pm

Yeah not to thread derail too much -

I can totally understand a low calibre handgun for self-defense... Especially for women

What I don't understand, especially after using one at a range, is being able to buy an assault Rifle that has the capability of being used fully auto and some of the rounds that you can buy for it.

The power of them things are absolutely insane - terrifying if honest

Elbarad
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:42 pm

Well thank you for proving my point I guess. If knives were illegal in France, I believe he would have used a car or whatever mean necessary to do the damage he intended. But of course owning a gun does make it easier to kill people then stabbing them or running them over, no argument.

It is possible to own a fully automatic gun in the USA. But none have been made for civilian use since 1986 though it's possible to modify newer ones. There are strict laws in place to get the proper licenses. So anyone who hasn't done so, but still owns one is of course breaking gun laws and should be arrested and the guns confiscated I've included a link that describes the process and advises people wanting to go thru the steps, it's not a legal document of course but advice from a gun enthusiast for fellow enthusiasts. But it's certainly not a matter of just anyone going to a gun store and plopping down a wad of cash and walking out with one 10 minutes later.

https://neckbonearmory.com/can-an-ar-15 ... s%20dealer.

I actually agree with the points many have made, I don't know why anyone needs an AR-15 for self defense, let alone one that's fully automatic. I don't even want to have a hand gun because it would be too easy for a child or untrained person to accidently fire it. I do have 2 shotguns for bird hunting and a deer rifle. if someone wanted to break into my house, a 12 gauge shotgun would work just fine for self defense. Just for full disclosure.

Clovius Boofus
Been Liked: 551 times
Has Liked: 161 times

Post by Clovius Boofus » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:57 pm

What a horrendous incident. My heart goes out to the victims. What sort of human does this to anyone, especially those little children. I hope the coward rots.

dougcollins
Been Liked: 1778 times
Has Liked: 1773 times

Post by dougcollins » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:09 pm

bfcjg wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:03 pm
Syrian but not Islamic, claiming to be a Christian.

claret_in_exile
Been Liked: 77 times
Has Liked: 326 times

Post by claret_in_exile » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:39 pm

Elbarad wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:23 pm
Regardless of where in the world you are, whether it's in America with a gun or France with a knife, there seems to be more and more people willing to lash out at innocent bystanders and go down in a 'blaze of glory'. It's not one race, or class of people, or one means of doing the act. It's something more pervasive. I don't know what it is, but it's damned discouraging to me.

When this happens, there's a lot of quick blame and quick solutions thrown around, whether it's to ban guns, or types of guns, blame certain races or immigrants, or genders or what have you. The truth in my opinion is that it could be one of any class of people, who will take whatever means is available to do them because they just want to do the harm and will do it however they can.
This is exactly what it is. After Columbine, absolute losers in society have figured out that they can gain fame (notoriety) by doing something as abhorrent as murdering kids. In their twisted logic, they think that going down in a blaze of glory and getting their name in the media is preferable to living the rest of their lives as a pathetic nobody.

It's most definitively an issue of mental illness. The sad thing is that a lot of western societies decided to massively defunded mental health services in the 1980s and it's only recently that that's starting to slowly change.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:51 pm

Attacks by Muslims are a result of continued western interference in Muslim countries for financial reasons.

The internet has made it much easier to brainwash impressionable young people into thinking the west should be attacked in anyway, shape or form.
If the west just stopped dicking around in Muslim countries then eventually the attacks would stop, although it would take a good number of years.

The out of control gun issue in the USA is a different conversation, but if they had proper gun control, similar to the rest of the developed world, then they wouldn't be having mass shootings every single day, sometimes twice a day, but they've been brainwashed into thinking the 2A says something it doesn't and that guns are a god given right.
That's the society they're choosing to have right now and it's not going to change for the foreseeable.

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2143 times
Has Liked: 3060 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:53 pm

bobinho wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:02 pm
I would have no trouble justifying owning a gun for self defence reasons.
Had a couple for a week, then thought better of it tbh

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:10 pm

In France these people do not get the benifits that they receive here (I know this because I lived and worked there for 10 years) and maybe this person had just been tipped over the edge with lack of food, money etc. No metter its shocking and France, like us has had its fair share of these atrocious events.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:43 pm

GodIsADeeJay81 wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:51 pm
Attacks by Muslims are a result of continued western interference in Muslim countries for financial reasons.

The internet has made it much easier to brainwash impressionable young people into thinking the west should be attacked in anyway, shape or form.
If the west just stopped dicking around in Muslim countries then eventually the attacks would stop, although it would take a good number of years.

The out of control gun issue in the USA is a different conversation, but if they had proper gun control, similar to the rest of the developed world, then they wouldn't be having mass shootings every single day, sometimes twice a day, but they've been brainwashed into thinking the 2A says something it doesn't and that guns are a god given right.
That's the society they're choosing to have right now and it's not going to change for the foreseeable.
Wholeheartedly agree