Everton fans in home end

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
NewClaret
Been Liked: 3118 times
Has Liked: 3841 times

Re: Everton fans in home end

Post by NewClaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:32 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:07 pm
Only simple if said fan causes a ruckus right?

Still allows for a lot of day trippers/neutrals to go to the game, which there’s been a significant number of as well.
If away fans sit quietly I’m fine with it, but if they celebrate and act up it’s totally wrong.

So I go back to my point that we have CCTV everywhere, all we need to do is watch the two goals, see who celebrated, track down the seat numbers, check who bought them and cancel their clarets id’s. If it’s a third party purchase, ban them for future matches.

It’s completely wrong home fans get their experience ruined by things like this.

GetIntoEm
Been Liked: 153 times
Has Liked: 49 times

Post by GetIntoEm » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:34 pm

If it's Everton fans tho banning the clarets number won't matter, doubt we will be playing them again anytime soon, and if so can just register for another

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2265 times
Has Liked: 2175 times

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:34 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:32 pm
If away fans sit quietly I’m fine with it, but if they celebrate and act up it’s totally wrong.

So I go back to my point that we have CCTV everywhere, all we need to do is watch the two goals, see who celebrated, track down the seat numbers, check who bought them and cancel their clarets id’s. If it’s a third party purchase, ban them for future matches.

It’s completely wrong home fans get their experience ruined by things like this.
Point is - selling home tickets for games in March 2024 in August 2023 is just silly.

Of course some neutrals/away fans will get in but the club should really try and prioritise trying to get actual clarets into the home areas.

It just isn’t good enough right now

GetIntoEm

Post by GetIntoEm » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:36 pm

They did it so they've had the revenue for tickets they wouldn't have sold if we were playing like we are now. There would be 18000 a game without doing what they did

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2109 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:36 pm

Burnleyareback2 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:39 pm
About 4 or 5 sat right behind the Everton dug out on the first row- how do they even get seats like that?
Last time we played them at the night match the Bob Lord was absolutely full of Scousers. Wasn't as noticeable today.
This user liked this post: Bob Lorder

Claretforever
Been Liked: 1035 times
Has Liked: 509 times

Post by Claretforever » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:36 pm

I saw that an Everton fan on Twitter pointed out the back two rows of block 9 were available for sale only a couple of days ago.
Attachments
IMG_7877.jpeg
IMG_7877.jpeg (320.19 KiB) Viewed 9617 times

basil6345789
Been Liked: 483 times
Has Liked: 2293 times

Post by basil6345789 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:39 pm

Roberts' Tash wrote:
It was awful. Steward was informed and nothing was done at all for ages. The steward and the supervisor were stood at the concourse entrance for ages just staring up at it all kicking off, Burnley fans shouting at them to leave. They eventually got a few more stewards up there but it took an age. The police were nowhere to be seen until fighting had broken out in the concourse. They didn't even try to disguise the fact they were Everton fans. It could have been a lot worse if block 9 wasn't such a calm stand. The tossers even brought a child in with them. So many people left the match they'd paid for to protect their kids and I saw older people leave for their own safety. I saw so many kids in tears, this is not right. I've never been so disgusted at the response of stewards and police. There were guys shouting at the stewards saying sort it out within five mins or we're removing them. Other types of fans would have gone full on in straight away and all hell would have broken loose. I spoke to a guy from the club and he said that they can't control who buys the tickets on general sale. I suppose it is difficult to know whether it's a Burnley fan buying tickets. I heard someone say away fans regularly buy tickets up there but usually they leave at half time and there's no trouble. These Everton fans today were so brazen, asking for trouble.
From where do they get these weedy, passive stewards?

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:40 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:34 pm
Point is - selling home tickets for games in March 2024 in August 2023 is just silly.

Of course some neutrals/away fans will get in but the club should really try and prioritise trying to get actual clarets into the home areas.

It just isn’t good enough right now
As I’ve said, I don’t see how selling tickets early detriments that at all, and actually think it’s more likely to mean clarets buy them for reasons stated.

Awayfromburnley
Been Liked: 295 times
Has Liked: 61 times

Post by Awayfromburnley » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:41 pm

I've sat in the home end at Goodison quite a few times, as a Burnley fan. Never once had any hassles. One game everyone around me knew and we had a good laugh (when we lost and Townsend scored that worldie)

Some of the Burnley fans around me at most homegames are downright obnoxious to their own fans and own players, god help any away fans. So it doesn't surprise me there is drama

99% of fans that sit in the "wrong end" don't do it to deliberately start a fight, they just want to see their team.

Iam not condoning poor behaviour from Everton fans, I can't believe as a race that people fall put and fight over football, it's just weird.

GetIntoEm

Post by GetIntoEm » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:41 pm

You'd have to be some kind of moron to jump into they for £9.50

alboclaret
Been Liked: 143 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by alboclaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:42 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:40 pm
As I’ve said, I don’t see how selling tickets early detriments that at all, and actually think it’s more likely to mean clarets buy them for reasons stated.
The only ges I'd maybe consider this to be an appropriate
Concern is the likes of boxing day.
If your a Liverpool fan and look for boxing day fixtures , "oh burnley away" and you hear their tickets are available in August youd go get one.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:44 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Say you’re one person who goes to a few home games a year

All of a sudden you’re put off whacking £200+ at one go for games you don’t even know if you’ll be able to make.

third parties reselling or moving on would buy up spares no problem.

They sold out very quickly for the entire season.
This user liked this post: mickleoverclaret

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:44 pm

alboclaret wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:42 pm
The only ges I'd maybe consider this to be an appropriate
Concern is the likes of boxing day.
If your a Liverpool fan and look for boxing day fixtures , "oh burnley away" and you hear their tickets are available in August youd go get one.
Yes, that type of game maybe. But in general I don’t think fans are that organised so far in advance.

yTib
Been Liked: 711 times
Has Liked: 667 times

Post by yTib » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:45 pm

imagine a world where away fans weren't treated like criminals.

imagine.

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:45 pm

NewClaret wrote:
But people generally don't want to buy tickets so far in advance. My uncle started going again last season after a break and was getting the buzz back. But with all games virtually sold out by July he probably won't go on this season, and then you're out of the habit again!

TsarBomba
Been Liked: 1142 times
Has Liked: 292 times

Post by TsarBomba » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:45 pm

Any Police positioned inside the stadium is pre agreed and paid for by the club.

I’ve done many a football game in London and I can’t remember ever being in the stadium or on the concourses. Always on the approach to the ground or turnstiles.

Any Police that are in the ground will understandably be positioned in the CFS.

Like it or not, if disorder breaks out in the home ends, then it is up to the stewards to take ownership. I do get they are on minimum wage and it’s a volatile environment, and I have great sympathy because their ‘training’ is probably next to nothing.

If they can’t deal with it, which it sounds like they couldnt tonight which is fair enough judging by the volume of Evertonians, then the Police will be called in. It will take time to redeploy officers to where they are needed.

I’m all for Police bashing if it is sensible and reasonable, but this is absolutely a club issue. It’s a shambles that home fans don’t feel safe going to a game at the Turf and have to leave.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Grimsby Claret
Been Liked: 38 times
Has Liked: 59 times

Post by Grimsby Claret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:46 pm

Genuine Burnley fans like us who are not season ticket holders could not for the life of us get tickets yet plenty of away fans can in home area’s something is seriously wrong here.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:48 pm

CoolClaret wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:44 pm
Say you’re one person who goes to a few home games a year

All of a sudden you’re put off whacking £200+ at one go for games you don’t even know if you’ll be able to make.

third parties reselling or moving on would buy up spares no problem.

They sold out very quickly for the entire season.
As it’s turned out though, there’s tickets available every game so anyone who was put off paying that amount will e been fine. Like I say, early sale increases the chances that they’re clarets.

As I’ve said, if third parties/resellers have bought them then the club should cancel immediately as it’s a breach of the ticket T&Cs. And they get to sell them twice. It’s not hard, just police said reselling websites and cancel the tickets they have for sale.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:49 pm

Grimsby Claret wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:46 pm
Genuine Burnley fans like us who are not season ticket holders could not for the life of us get tickets yet plenty of away fans can in home area’s something is seriously wrong here.
Any claret that wanted a ticket has been able to get one this season.

Plenty of resales available every game.

Hapag Lloyd
Been Liked: 287 times
Has Liked: 427 times

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:49 pm

Awayfromburnley wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:41 pm
I've sat in the home end at Goodison quite a few times, as a Burnley fan. Never once had any hassles. One game everyone around me knew and we had a good laugh (when we lost and Townsend scored that worldie)
How do you think that would have turned out if Burnley had won.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:50 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:45 pm
I’m all for Police bashing if it is sensible and reasonable, but this is absolutely a club issue. It’s a shambles that home fans don’t feel safe going to a game at the Turf and have to leave.
Completely agree

Awayfromburnley

Post by Awayfromburnley » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:51 pm

Hapag Lloyd wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:49 pm
How do you think that would have turned out if Burnley had won.
Who knows. Probably OK as I've found most Everton supporters to be pretty decent to be fair. Not quite the case with Liverpool fans though.

My point is that it shouldn't matter anyway, regardless of result. Football supporter behaviour is just so odd.

Claretitus
Been Liked: 333 times
Has Liked: 211 times

Post by Claretitus » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:52 pm

Peter Reid mouthing off. Typical little Scouse guy syndrome then. No doubt his mate in the grey trench coat was his minder.

CoolClaret

Post by CoolClaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:53 pm

NewClaret wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:48 pm
As it’s turned out though, there’s tickets available every game so anyone who was put off paying that amount will e been fine. Like I say, early sale increases the chances that they’re clarets.

As I’ve said, if third parties/resellers have bought them then the club should cancel immediately as it’s a breach of the ticket T&Cs. And they get to sell them twice. It’s not hard, just police said reselling websites and cancel the tickets they have for sale.
It doesn’t though for reasons I’ve stated! Who’s committing to games in February onwards when the sale is in August?

On the tickets - there isn’t tickets available for every home game? Look at GrimsbyClaret’s comment.

Some go back on sale before a game but literally every game was sold out I believe in less than a day or so? as soon as they went on sale in August they went.

I literally know people that have completed some football card collection and have been gifted 5 tickets to a game (Chelsea at home), and have others sat next to them, complete neutrals that were there for the same thing.

Tons of Everton fans in the home ends, I noticed a lot of villa when we played them (and no I didn’t get my claret and blue mixed up!) something clearly isn’t right!

No Ney Never
Been Liked: 895 times
Has Liked: 328 times

Post by No Ney Never » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:54 pm

GetIntoEm wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:30 pm
I agree, however rugby is a myth. There's always trouble at rugby matches inside and outside the ground. It's not as friendly as people think
Rugby is not a myth in my experience, there's little trouble and really is as friendly as people think.

alboclaret
Been Liked: 143 times
Has Liked: 103 times

Post by alboclaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:56 pm

TsarBomba wrote:
Any Police positioned inside the stadium is pre agreed and paid for by the club.

I’ve done many a football game in London and I can’t remember ever being in the stadium or on the concourses. Always on the approach to the ground or turnstiles.

Any Police that are in the ground will understandably be positioned in the CFS.

Like it or not, if disorder breaks out in the home ends, then it is up to the stewards to take ownership. I do get they are on minimum wage and it’s a volatile environment, and I have great sympathy because their ‘training’ is probably next to nothing.

If they can’t deal with it, which it sounds like they couldnt tonight which is fair enough judging by the volume of Evertonians, then the Police will be called in. It will take time to redeploy officers to where they are needed.

I don't think anyone is police bashing here.
Just stating that they never came. Which was a surprise for the amount of time it went on and the obvious struggle of the stewards.
There were plenty enough police on duty this evening that's for sure.
Apparently knowone had any means to contact the police. (Which is unbelievable if true and I'm not sure I belive this) but a couple of women walking out at the end said that's what they were told by some stewards.

Top and bottom of it is its not acceptable and it needs ( and will) calling out to the club that this isn't good enough. As said above in 10 days time we have a full on re run of tonight. I'm not taking my lad this time, I'm pretty sure alot of young ones in that section tonight will stay home with their toys.

NewClaret

Post by NewClaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:56 pm

Roberts' Tash wrote:
It was awful. Steward was informed and nothing was done at all for ages. The steward and the supervisor were stood at the concourse entrance for ages just staring up at it all kicking off, Burnley fans shouting at them to leave. They eventually got a few more stewards up there but it took an age. The police were nowhere to be seen until fighting had broken out in the concourse. They didn't even try to disguise the fact they were Everton fans. It could have been a lot worse if block 9 wasn't such a calm stand. The tossers even brought a child in with them. So many people left the match they'd paid for to protect their kids and I saw older people leave for their own safety. I saw so many kids in tears, this is not right. I've never been so disgusted at the response of stewards and police. There were guys shouting at the stewards saying sort it out within five mins or we're removing them. Other types of fans would have gone full on in straight away and all hell would have broken loose. I spoke to a guy from the club and he said that they can't control who buys the tickets on general sale. I suppose it is difficult to know whether it's a Burnley fan buying tickets. I heard someone say away fans regularly buy tickets up there but usually they leave at half time and there's no trouble. These Everton fans today were so brazen, asking for trouble.
Really sorry to read all that. It sounds awful. Needs a full investigation by the club.

I completely disagree with the bit in bold though. There’s lots of ways ticket sales can be controlled on general sale and if they can’t they shouldn’t be sold.

shulgin
Been Liked: 57 times
Has Liked: 38 times

Post by shulgin » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:57 pm

yTib wrote:
imagine a world where away fans weren't treated like criminals.

imagine.
I don't know if this is an ironic comment but over recent years I've never felt like a criminal. But maybe I dont act like a dick. Certainly late 80s, 90s and even early 2000s I felt that way at times just going to an away game. Not now.
Last edited by shulgin on Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hapag Lloyd

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:57 pm

No Ney Never wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:54 pm
Rugby is not a myth in my experience, there's little trouble and really is as friendly as people think.
You’ve never been to a Warrington/Wigan/St. Helens game then.

GetIntoEm

Post by GetIntoEm » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:02 pm

No Ney Never wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:54 pm
Maybe Rugby union internationals against some teams, but not rugby league. Theres guaranteed scraps every game

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3195 times
Has Liked: 1875 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

Not an issue with opposition fans in home fans of respectful and act acknowledging - my Sunderland mate has sat next to me at Turf a few times and me at the SOL without any issues - there’s often good banter with the fans sat around

It’s the knobheads that forget where they are that are a problem, forgetting that they aren’t at home

No Ney Never

Post by No Ney Never » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

No, I haven't. Perhaps these aren't representative of Rugby as a whole. Maybe it's just the North West that has a greater share of 🔔ends!

yTib

Post by yTib » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:04 pm

shulgin wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:57 pm
I don't know if this is an ironic comment but over recent years I've never felt like a criminal. But maybe I dont act like a dick. Certainly late 80s, 90s and even early 2000s I felt that way at times just going to an away game. Not now.
no irony. i genuinely feel in 2023 the tribalism in footy should not be ugly. maybe it's just me.

Robbie_painter
Been Liked: 120 times
Has Liked: 54 times

Post by Robbie_painter » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:10 pm

Funny thing is that if we can’t sort 20 Everton fans out in the old longside we are more or less finished.Imagine that happening in the 80’s/90’s.No chance.Weve got a soft underbelly now and it gets taken advantage of every week.

Cheshireclaret
Been Liked: 341 times
Has Liked: 20 times

Post by Cheshireclaret » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:16 pm

GetIntoEm wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:30 pm
I agree, however rugby is a myth. There's always trouble at rugby matches inside and outside the ground. It's not as friendly as people think
Very true! The RWC Final was an absolute nightmare, hammered Safas kicking off left right and centre and they're often some of the worst for loving a drink and a fight. Banter at Rugby matches often spills over into a scrap, largely because of alcohol!

No Ney Never

Post by No Ney Never » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:18 pm

So what if there's 20 Evertonians in the long side celebrating, why is it that it must be met with violence?

Robbie_painter

Post by Robbie_painter » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:22 pm

No Ney Never wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:18 pm
So what if there's 20 Evertonians in the long side celebrating, why is it that it must be met with violence?
It’s just unreal to me that people think like this.If you choose to sit in a home end and then celebrate you should expect a good kicking.Doesnt look like our prem fans have got it in them to me tho.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6971 times
Has Liked: 1487 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:25 pm

Robbie_painter wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:22 pm
It’s just unreal to me that people think like this.If you choose to sit in a home end and then celebrate you should expect a good kicking.Doesnt look like our prem fans have got it in them to me tho.
I doubt you care, but people like you are a big part of the problem.
These 8 users liked this post: yTib Goliath fidelcastro Swizzlestick Bosscat Jamesy ClaretRoob jos

jrgbfc

Post by jrgbfc » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:25 pm

Robbie_painter wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:10 pm
Funny thing is that if we can’t sort 20 Everton fans out in the old longside we are more or less finished.Imagine that happening in the 80’s/90’s.No chance.Weve got a soft underbelly now and it gets taken advantage of every week.
It's not really the Longside anymore though is it? Mainly full of families/kids/part timers.

yTib

Post by yTib » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:26 pm

i don't think anyone should expect a good kicking.

the world has moved on. grow up.
These 2 users liked this post: Jamesy jos

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32573 times
Has Liked: 5286 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:29 pm

wilks_bfc wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:49 pm
There were about 20 of them being removed from the JHU close to the JM corner

There were also some in the boxes of the JH celebrating but as they have paid a premium they got to stay
I think those in the JHU close to the JM corner are an overflow from the exec area in the JM - but we don't give a damn who we sell to and there lies the problem.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32573 times
Has Liked: 5286 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:30 pm

Robbie_painter wrote:
Bloody hell, have I really just read this. No wonder football has problems.
These 4 users liked this post: Bosscat Jamesy Goliath jos

Robbie_painter

Post by Robbie_painter » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:34 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:30 pm
Bloody hell, have I really just read this. No wonder football has problems.
Football doesn’t have problems Tony we do if we’re allowing scousers to sit in our end and openly celebrate.Come on surely even you can see what the problem is.

Awayfromburnley

Post by Awayfromburnley » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:34 pm

Robbie_painter wrote:
In one paragraph you literally outline exactly the problem with some football "fans".

You're not really a fan though, you're a person with violent tendencies that needs to give their head a wobble.
These 3 users liked this post: yTib Jamesy CoolClaret

yTib

Post by yTib » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:35 pm

Robbie_painter wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:34 pm
Football doesn’t have problems Tony we do if we’re allowing scousers to sit in our end and openly celebrate.Come on surely even you can see what the problem is.
you silly boy.
These 2 users liked this post: Jamesy jos

Jamesy
Been Liked: 806 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by Jamesy » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:41 pm

I wasn’t going to post until tomorrow but like a couple of other posters cannot believe someone who purports to be a Burnley supporter is advocating giving opposition supporters a good kicking?
A good kicking that could leave someone hospitalised, brain damaged or worse? Unbelievable in this day and age. I don’t know how old you are Robbie Painter but you seem to glorify our hooligan days in the 80’s but seriously you need to have a serious word with yourself. Or, if you posted to get a reaction, apologise now.
These 3 users liked this post: yTib Bosscat wilks_bfc

Robbie_painter

Post by Robbie_painter » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:59 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:41 pm
I wasn’t going to post until tomorrow but like a couple of other posters cannot believe someone who purports to be a Burnley supporter is advocating giving opposition supporters a good kicking?
A good kicking that could leave someone hospitalised, brain damaged or worse? Unbelievable in this day and age. I don’t know how old you are Robbie Painter but you seem to glorify our hooligan days in the 80’s but seriously you need to have a serious word with yourself. Or, if you posted to get a reaction, apologise now.
Ok Jamesy lad I apologise,for absolutely nothing I’ve posted if they choose to sit in our end they are fair game as far as I’m concerned

Hapag Lloyd

Post by Hapag Lloyd » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:02 pm

Go on Mumby, do ‘em 😀

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8540 times
Has Liked: 18295 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:08 pm

Hapag Lloyd wrote: