Perspective.

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
John Johnson 1605
Been Liked: 237 times
Has Liked: 48 times

Perspective.

Post by John Johnson 1605 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:40 pm

Yes it was absolutely bloody woeful.

That said I stood in light rain with my £1.20 cup of tea from the butty bar. I exchanged notes with jdrobbo about Marathon running and the political football teaching is. I also listened to Claret Tony’s passion for Willie Irvine and sadness over the laters health issues. On the ground I nodded at strangers, thought a lot, as I do every game, about my grown up sons who live far away. I wish they were still able to attend with me. I looked at the pitch and marvelled at its pristine condition. I flinched at the aggression from the guy behind towards the Arsenal players and match officials. I cringed at the half time entertainment and wondered how it fared compared to “Pie and Chips.” I watched as people came together and collectively shared their frustrations. But still came together. I celebrated at reaching Ridge Avenue, post match, in not quite record time, but still very respectable. I thought about my Mum who would have been 85 today and her premature passing 20 years ago. And far more things and thoughts happened in the 3 hours I was outside the Turf or on it. And many of these things would be common to others, most of them strangers, except we share a common passion.

Yes, it was bloody woeful but I still wouldn’t trade it. Never, ever, ever.
These 15 users liked this post: bobinho Vegas Claret Goody1975 addisclaret Buxtonclaret longsidepies Conroysleftfoot Paul Waine leelad evensteadiereddie COBBLE Claretmisterg simonclaret Holtyclaret Bosscat

bobinho
Been Liked: 4110 times
Has Liked: 6593 times

Re: Perspective.

Post by bobinho » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:43 pm

Fair do’s lad.
This user liked this post: John Johnson 1605

jdrobbo
Been Liked: 4843 times
Has Liked: 947 times

Post by jdrobbo » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:49 pm

Lovely to see you, DT. Have a great time away and I’ll report back on my little football team after their three games in the next two weeks. I’ve just had a big tea with a good amount of carbs and protein. Take care!

leelad
Been Liked: 72 times
Has Liked: 107 times

Post by leelad » Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:56 pm

Fair play to you John Johnson 1605. Excellent post. UTC.

Terrier
Been Liked: 235 times
Has Liked: 124 times

Post by Terrier » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:38 am

Another way I look at perspective is most clubs in this league are owned by billionaire's, we are owned by people who are using our money made over the good years.
Also Manchester United are increasing their capacity to 90,000, will we ever get back to 30,000?