Kit opinions

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Re: Kit opinions

Post by claptrappers_union » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:31 pm

bfcmik wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:45 pm
I believe that socks are now designated in the rules of both the PL and EFL (at least in the Championship) as having to be a single colour with, at most, a 12mm band set at the bottom of the 'turnover' at the top of the sock (no idea what that part is really called).
What is the Football Sock Tape Rule?

According to the FA official rulebook, the laws are as follows:

“shinguards – these must be made of a suitable material to provide reasonable protection and covered by the socks”
“socks – tape or any material applied or worn externally must be the same colour as that part of the sock it is applied to or covers”

But what if you have multiple colours, or hoops/stripes?

The law states ‘the tape must be the same colour as the main kit colour. In striped or hooped cases, one colour must be chosen and all players must wear the same colour’.

wilks_bfc
Been Liked: 3191 times
Has Liked: 1872 times

Post by wilks_bfc » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:04 pm

bfcmik wrote:
I believe that socks are now designated in the rules of both the PL and EFL (at least in the Championship) as having to be a single colour with, at most, a 12mm band set at the bottom of the 'turnover' at the top of the sock (no idea what that part is really called).
Looking at WHU hooped socks, it doesn’t appear to be a PL rule (at least for this season)

RickyBobby
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 6 times

Post by RickyBobby » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:52 pm

We are extremely unlikely to ever have white shorts again due to the issues with the women's team wearing white shorts. From what I gather that is why we have had blue this season, and the club for whatever reason don’t want the mens and womens kits to be different.
Burnley wearing white shorts is now a thing of the past.

HahaYeah
Been Liked: 357 times
Has Liked: 330 times

Post by HahaYeah » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:24 pm

RickyBobby wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:52 pm
We are extremely unlikely to ever have white shorts again due to the issues with the women's team wearing white shorts. From what I gather that is why we have had blue this season, and the club for whatever reason don’t want the mens and womens kits to be different.
Wonder which Clown World activist came up with that stupid idea.

bumba
Been Liked: 691 times
Has Liked: 200 times

Post by bumba » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:33 pm

RickyBobby wrote:
Because women don't want to wear white if they are on a period, as if light blue doesn't show blood the same 🤦🏻

claptrappers_union
Been Liked: 1772 times
Has Liked: 359 times

Post by claptrappers_union » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:59 am

burnmark wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:45 am
Do you know if it will be Umbro or Castore?
As the other ‘Castore’ thread suggests, we won't be sticking with Umbro.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:12 am

RickyBobby wrote:
I'd heard that and thought it was a joke - we should be wearing white shorts

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1151 times
Has Liked: 1624 times

Post by Claret Till I Die » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:15 am

RickyBobby wrote:
Will Arsenal be swapping their shorts after Declan Rice's shart episode?

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:17 am

Claret Till I Die wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:15 am
Will Arsenal be swapping their shorts after Declan Rice's shart episode?
Mud apparently, according to Declan Rice. :D 💩

Claret Till I Die
Been Liked: 1151 times
Has Liked: 1624 times

Post by Claret Till I Die » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:24 am

ClaretTony wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:17 am
Mud apparently, according to Declan Rice. :D 💩
Probably flicked up when Pepe tackled him.... ;)

ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2176 times
Has Liked: 3110 times

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:04 pm

I'd be happy enough to see Black or Claret Shorts for the women, and White for the Men's team

giveusaB
Been Liked: 205 times
Has Liked: 173 times

Post by giveusaB » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:38 pm

Classic football shirts are selling our away shirt from last season without the sponsor.
Also the roadmap black shirt without sponsor but sizes are limited on that one.

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk ... 6995u.html
This user liked this post: Poulton-le-Claret

Falcon
Been Liked: 894 times
Has Liked: 1172 times

Post by Falcon » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:15 am

As far as the badge goes, I very slightly prefer the current one to the previous one. I have issues with both designs though. The current has a lot of wasted space and has far too much blue and yellow and not enough claret. The former is too busy and old fashioned for my tastes. Would prefer a new design that combines the best bits of both of them.

I don't want a stylised letter B a la the Pace cap as the new official badge, although I wouldn't mind them making gear with it on as a subtle alternative for casualwear. I wouldn't even mind it as the badge on an away/third shirt from time to time.

NewClaret
Been Liked: 3114 times
Has Liked: 3833 times

Post by NewClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:40 am

Falcon wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:15 am
As far as the badge goes, I very slightly prefer the current one to the previous one. I have issues with both designs though. The current has a lot of wasted space and has far too much blue and yellow and not enough claret. The former is too busy and old fashioned for my tastes. Would prefer a new design that combines the best bits of both of them.

I don't want a stylised letter B a la the Pace cap as the new official badge, although I wouldn't mind them making gear with it on as a subtle alternative for casualwear. I wouldn't even mind it as the badge on an away/third shirt from time to time.
Pretty much agree with all of this.

I love the ‘old’ badge, arguably slightly prefer it, but agree with you that it’s too old fashioned for modern football shirt and definitely merchandise meaning I wouldn’t swap back for the ‘latest’ given a choice… but do find the blue and yellow a bit garish.

That said, those colours make it distinctive and I think that has a certain appeal especially when trying to stand out from the crowd if we want to keep pushing the Burnley ‘brand’ abroad.

I think the blue/yellow look okay on the home kits (would like it to be the exact same blue background as used on the kits) but prefer the monochrome versions on away and third. They look cleaner. I’d also like to see the round BFC version used on some kits and you could integrate the old one on an occasional commemoration shirt at key anniversaries, etc. I think that would underline our history.

Regarding the B, I imagine that is trying to modernise us even more and appeal to the US market. With the forward slant playing in to Alan’s Forever Forward. I’m fine with it providing the plan is only to introduce in 3rd kits but if I were them I’d introduce it more subtlety - on the numbers, back of the collar, clothing merchandise, etc first. Get fans used to it before doing anything bolder.

I think any of our badges on merchandise can look too big and bold for my tastes, especially in full technicolour!! Theres a route to just use the inner shield and stork on merchandise (without ‘Burnley football club’ scroll). That’d look not dissimilar to the popular ‘Luke’ logo/brand if done quite small and subtly.
This user liked this post: Falcon

Juan Tanamera
Been Liked: 771 times
Has Liked: 10082 times

Post by Juan Tanamera » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:50 am

bfcmik wrote:

I know the suits at football HQ are on something of a power trip, but for them to dictate what a team's kit should look like is stretching things a bit.

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 350 times
Has Liked: 335 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:58 am

There should be a full consultation with fans about the old/ new badge going forward to make up for the previous chairman just changing it on a whim in 2010 or whatever it was.

I take it this seasons shirts have had poor sales?

If they actually canvassed fans in what they want to wear they would get a lot of good ideas and feedback.

It seems recently the designs are very cookie cutter and either come out of a catalogue or just really bland designs for maximum profit.

Any fan could design better shirts with a design background.

It should be relatively easy for a design to be exciting and fun to wear with a bit of thought put into it.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2256 times
Has Liked: 2171 times

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:32 am

NewClaret wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:40 am
I love the ‘old’ badge, arguably slightly prefer it, but agree with you that it’s too old fashioned for modern football shirt and definitely merchandise meaning I wouldn’t swap back for the ‘latest’ given a choice… but do find the blue and yellow a bit garish.
Why conform to 'modern football' - be an outlier... be ... Burnley!

Some of the new badges are ghastly, proper modernist crap.

This monstrosity being on a shirt (even a third kit) would be a travesty, imo.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 11.31.36.png
Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 11.31.36.png (581.83 KiB) Viewed 331 times

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:00 pm

A travesty is a slight overreaction no?

For a one-year 3rd choice kit with a unique hook, that will revert to the normal badge the following year?

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2256 times
Has Liked: 2171 times

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:05 pm

Falcon wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:00 pm
A travesty is a slight overreaction no?

For a one-year 3rd choice kit with a unique hook, that will revert to the normal badge the following year?
No, not a travesty, I was being a bit panto there.

'Unique' doesn't mean good though, it's grotesque. No guarantee it may or may not go away. Could just be stuck with that crap for another decade.

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:28 pm

I mean, it's my hypothetical situation so I'm saying it's going away after one season :D