Dyche or Kompany?

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Greenmile
Been Liked: 1081 times
Has Liked: 4263 times

Re: Dyche or Kompany?

Post by Greenmile » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:20 am

Vim Fuego wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:59 pm
Read the article. He more or less admits he got it got it wrong that JT is not ready now, but will be fine in a couple of seasons. (eh?)

And why do you have to try and fire darts at other Clarets with different ideas than you? Poor that mate
You realise that VK is (currently) a Claret with different ideas than (sic) you, right?

Will you stop trying to fire (sic) darts at him now? Pretty poor if you don’t.

Anthonini
Been Liked: 208 times
Has Liked: 253 times

Post by Anthonini » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:29 am

jlup1980 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:24 pm
Kompany should already have walked. His success last season was based around a combination of shrewd signings and Dyche players (Taylor, Roberts, Brownhill, Cork, JBG, Jay, Barnes) and this season has been an absolute car crash in every single way.

He's managed to ostracise those players who got us back to the PL, not use the older heads as much as he should, stick by players who clearly aren't PL quality, spend a fortune on absolute dross and condemn us to relegation by Christmas. Kompany has the worst points per game record of any PL manager who's managed at least 25 games. What more does he need to get wrong before he's given the sack?!

Dyche will never be a fashionable manager but he's a million times the manager Kompany will ever be.

If those are Dyche players... I wouldn't pay a cent to see them. Talk about not being PL quality. I even feel sick to my stomach seeing them in the starting 11.

Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Post by Jakubclaret » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:37 am

Cooclaret wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:54 am
I am going to presume you’ve managed people before? I am also going to presume that your age is past or close to the retirement age.

Whilst there is some truth in your reply, there is a total disregard about the modern sporting climate and people management.

Money isn’t a motivator anymore in football. A good player in the Championship/Premier League has enough by year two/three to last him and his family a lifetime.

So what currency do you think you have as a manager to trade with the players to ask them to perform/buy in/echo positivity?
Money is usually the motivator. You get far too involved in things I sense that by the many posts you create & the content within them. When you remove emotion & look at things in a businesslike way you start to see things for what there are. It's a business & people are there to earn money & us as fans we just go along with it & we are supposed to be entertained watching the football spectacle. That's all there is to it. No longed winded posts about different systems & trying to work out stuff which doesn't need working out.

Benson
Been Liked: 55 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by Benson » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:45 am

Anthonini wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:29 am
If those are Dyche players... I wouldn't pay a cent to see them. Talk about not being PL quality. I even feel sick to my stomach seeing them in the starting 11.

The majority of them have fared a lot better in the PL than most of Kompany’s signings.
This user liked this post: Middle-agedClaret

Middle-agedClaret
Been Liked: 332 times
Has Liked: 1116 times

Post by Middle-agedClaret » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:55 am

“Money isn’t a motivator anymore in football. A good player in the Championship/Premier League has enough by year two/three to last him and his family a lifetime.“
Of course - all those players are heading off to Saudi Arabia purely for the culture and climate.

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2257 times
Has Liked: 2171 times

Post by CoolClaret » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:55 am

Anthonini wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh7St4XeB9U&t=105s

Cooclaret
Been Liked: 186 times
Has Liked: 393 times

Post by Cooclaret » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:27 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:37 am
Money is usually the motivator. You get far too involved in things I sense that by the many posts you create & the content within them. When you remove emotion & look at things in a businesslike way you start to see things for what there are. It's a business & people are there to earn money & us as fans we just go along with it & we are supposed to be entertained watching the football spectacle. That's all there is to it. No longed winded posts about different systems & trying to work out stuff which doesn't need working out.
I’ll put aside your sweeping statement.

I would suggest that your ‘lens’ of the football world needs updating. Football is the most emotional business in the world. It follows none of the business ‘rules’ and none of the finance ‘rules’.

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11058 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:35 pm

for the most part of the last 30 years we've had managers who have progressed us, that's pretty rare. Maybe it's because most of them have been backed and given time that they have been successful .......

jlup1980
Been Liked: 858 times
Has Liked: 531 times

Post by jlup1980 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:08 am

Anthonini wrote:
I'm not suggesting they're PL quality, more than they were the yin to Kompany's yang last season and he seems to have forgotten that entirely (to our detriment).

Everyone seems to think we'll walk the Championship next season. We won't. Categorically, we won't... not unless Vincent remembers how the success was made last season. You need a mixture of players in that league, as you do in any league. You can't show up with a bunch of kids and think you can have a lovely time passing your way out of the league.

You say you wouldn't pay a cent to watch them but Roberts was arguably the player of season from Christmas onwards, Barnes became a vital cog in the team and Brownhill was in the Championship team of the season (alongside Roberts). JBG scored important goals and played a lot of games in various positions. All of them were as important to our promotion as Maatsen, Tella, Benson, Zaroury etc were. It's a team game after all.

You need players like Dean Marney to allow Danny Ings to flourish.
You need players like Joey Barton to allow Andre Gray to flourish.
You need players like Jack Cork to allow Manuel Benson flourish.

boyyanno
Been Liked: 516 times
Has Liked: 117 times

Post by boyyanno » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:20 am

Anthonini wrote:
You've turned quite nasty since people have started raising concerns- Vinny is that you?

Amazing how someone can show so little knowledge about football in a single post though- every single one of those players apart from Roberts had multiple successful seasons in the PL, two of them have got England caps.
This user liked this post: jlup1980

JohnMac
Been Liked: 2379 times
Has Liked: 3807 times

Post by JohnMac » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:45 pm

Difficult to compare spending between Managers when transfer fee's and wages are ever increasing and what Kompany has to spend to get a player now is possibly no different to what Dyche was spending 10 years ago in terms of inflation.

Dyche's record speaks for itself and for me has been the best Manager of our Club given Potts and those preceding him had a maximum wage limit to level the field. He speaks well albeit after 10 years it would seem repetitive but he stuck to his guns and only the reluctance of the Board to reinforce scuppered him.

Kompany started slowly before taking off like a rocket! His problem in the Premier League is he underestimated the opposition from the outset and recruited players far too young and inexperienced for that level.

AlargeClaret
Been Liked: 1160 times
Has Liked: 182 times

Post by AlargeClaret » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:40 pm

Give it 9/10 yrs then we can compare . Champ seasons are just baubles and mean little on a managers CV until he’s had a few /different clubs . If VK gets us up again and let’s face it however many leave there should be a core + signings who are too good for the champ , he can start to build his legacy .

Many many “ good “ teams have gone down over the yrs like Fulham , Stoke , Villa , Swansea etc and either struggled for yrs ( Ful/Villa with lots of cash) or just slunk into mid/low table obscurity . The Champ and often upper levels of div 1 are like graveyard for ex prem clubs .