Controversial comment

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Jakubclaret
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 779 times

Re: Controversial comment

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:15 am

dsr wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:40 pm
I think it's premature to look on today's performance as a vast improvement that will get us wins. Yes, we hing on against Brentford's 10 men and could have won by more (or could have drawn or lost). But we have played teams in the past, and will paly teams in the future, that are better than Brentford's 10.

I don't think that today's performance, replicated over all 29 matches so far, would have got us many (if any) more points than we have actually got.
That's true it's unlikely that it would be vast but for a team in our boat you need to utilise every possible advantage you can muster as a accumalative measure, start with muric, sign townsend, replace amoundi sooner, etc... lots of little things add up to give us the best fighting chance. None of that has happened or if it's starting to happen it's left too late to rescue.

TPClaret
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by TPClaret » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:19 am

Life is full of ifs and buts….

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:24 am

It is but what happens in the future you can look back at the past. I guess it's all down him learning but something is seriously wrong but someone is earning thousands per week & can't see basic things & keeps on repeating the same mistakes. I'm not quite sure just how many clangers trafford had to make before the penny dropped.

dsr
Been Liked: 4578 times
Has Liked: 2270 times

Post by dsr » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:32 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:24 am
It is but what happens in the future you can look back at the past. I guess it's all down him learning but something is seriously wrong but someone is earning thousands per week & can't see basic things & keeps on repeating the same mistakes. I'm not quite sure just how many clangers trafford had to make before the penny dropped.
One, that I remember. Being slower at passing doesn't count as "clangers".

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:37 am

dsr wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:32 am
One, that I remember. Being slower at passing doesn't count as "clangers".
I'm more referring to incidents resulting in goals being conceded. It's pretty much acknowledged now that muric is the better keeper overall so it's not unreasonable to suggest had he started earlier our points tally would be slightly higher. Yesterday was no coincidence our fortunes changed for the better.

dsr

Post by dsr » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:07 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:37 am
I'm more referring to incidents resulting in goals being conceded. It's pretty much acknowledged now that muric is the better keeper overall so it's not unreasonable to suggest had he started earlier our points tally would be slightly higher. Yesterday was no coincidence our fortunes changed for the better.
We'll see,won't we. If we won because Muric made us a much better side, then we will win one or two of the games against Chelsea, Wolves and Everton. If we won because 10-man Brentford were poor, then we will probably lose. I look forward to finding out.

Jakubclaret

Post by Jakubclaret » Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:30 am

dsr wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:07 am
We'll see,won't we. If we won because Muric made us a much better side, then we will win one or two of the games against Chelsea, Wolves and Everton. If we won because 10-man Brentford were poor, then we will probably lose. I look forward to finding out.
I'm sorry you might need to refresh my memory because I don't recall saying that muric made us a much better side I said his impact was marginally better a slight incremental improvement. Yes if any of the 3 sides mentioned are reduced to 10 men it's possible to compare against 11 that's different & Chelsea are a different beast altogether.

dsr

Post by dsr » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:06 am

Jakubclaret wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:30 am
I'm sorry you might need to refresh my memory because I don't recall saying that muric made us a much better side I said his impact was marginally better a slight incremental improvement. Yes if any of the 3 sides mentioned are reduced to 10 men it's possible to compare against 11 that's different & Chelsea are a different beast altogether.
Maybe I misinterpreted your comment about it being no cincidence that our fortunes improved. If it is no coincidence that we won because Muric was in the side, then surely it is because of something he did to make us better - because if we won primarily because Brentford had a man sent off, then it is coincidence that we won when Muric was recalled.

If I had left out the word "much", then perhaps it would have been closer to what you meant.