A nice touch pre-match

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Bullabill
Been Liked: 307 times
Has Liked: 148 times

A nice touch pre-match

Post by Bullabill » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:23 am

In the tunnel before the match, before Burnley arrived, the Brentford players were 'High-Fiving' the Burnley mascots. I think sometimes the kids seem to be ignored as the players are 'In the zone' as they term it, and it was good to see those players acknowledge the kids.
Among many other attributes he had, Roy Keane was always terrific with the mascot kids.
These 6 users liked this post: NewClaret evensteadiereddie mybloodisclaret dougcollins burnleymik longsidepies

clarethomer
Been Liked: 946 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Re: A nice touch pre-match

Post by clarethomer » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:28 am

I remember Ben Mee being on a video when he was signed by them and the one thing he said is that he liked about his move and was a deciding factror was the fact that they had a similar rule to Burnley in that they didn't want players who were D*** Heads.

They are a community club surrounded by many bigger clubs - similar to us.

Its not a big thing to do in context of the bigger picture so well done to them. I am sure those Kids would have appreciated it.

Swizzlestick
Been Liked: 1507 times
Has Liked: 581 times

Post by Swizzlestick » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:45 am

clarethomer wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:28 am
I remember Ben Mee being on a video when he was signed by them and the one thing he said is that he liked about his move and was a deciding factror was the fact that they had a similar rule to Burnley in that they didn't want players who were D*** Heads.

Maupay??

clarethomer
Been Liked: 946 times
Has Liked: 411 times

Post by clarethomer » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:52 am

Swizzlestick wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:45 am
Maupay??
When he moved there - he wasn't there I don't think so not sure of the relevance, however who knows what Maupay is like off the field?

Michael Duff on an interview has said that there was (Barton I think) a player who came in and tried a few things that wasn't inline with the dressing room ethos/behaviour and he soon got told. He aligned pretty well quickly once he realised.

Hendrickxz
Been Liked: 200 times
Has Liked: 44 times

Post by Hendrickxz » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:02 am

Ivan?

northeastclaret
Been Liked: 310 times
Has Liked: 199 times

Post by northeastclaret » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:09 am

clarethomer wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:28 am
Not sure that can be true they have the biggest D!ck Head in the premier league with Maupay :(

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 11055 times
Has Liked: 5663 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:09 pm

don't particularly want to turn this thread into something it wasn't meant to be and the observation by the OP is a very good one. I was REALLY surprised by how much time Brentford spent falling over and surrounding the ref - it was Arsenal levels. I lost a lot of respect for them yesterday, Nathan Collins couldn't help himself.

Billy_Hamilton

Post by Billy_Hamilton » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:18 pm

Just to add balance regarding Maupay, my lad likes to go to and try and get autographs from the away side after the game. Maupay was probably the most accommodating of all the Brentford players. I too probably thought of him as has been mentioned previously in this thread, but fair play to him he was excellent and made sure he signed for everyone, whilst Ivan Toney simply walked passed without so much of a nod. In fairness to Toney, I since learned it was his birthday so he probably wanted to get home to sup plenty of beer and eat birthday cake!

Billy_Hamilton

Post by Billy_Hamilton » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:19 pm

Just to add balance regarding Maupay, my lad likes to go to and try and get autographs from the away side after the game. Maupay was probably the most accommodating of all the Brentford players. I too probably thought of him as has been mentioned previously in this thread, but fair play to him he was excellent and made sure he signed for everyone, whilst Ivan Toney simply walked passed without so much of a nod. In fairness to Toney, I since learned it was his birthday so he probably wanted to get home to sup plenty of beer and eat birthday cake!

daveisaclaret
Been Liked: 1164 times
Has Liked: 94 times

Post by daveisaclaret » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:22 pm

Anyone struggling to understand Maupay might be a decent bloke despite being a dickhead while the match is on might want to spend a few minutes fondly remembering Ashley Barnes.
These 2 users liked this post: Rick_Muller ŽižkovClaret

IanMcL
Been Liked: 6390 times
Has Liked: 8742 times

Post by IanMcL » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:48 am

Bullabill wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:23 am

Among many other attributes he had, Roy Keane was always terrific with the mascot kids.
How many could he eat at once?