This is my worst season ever

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Vim Fuego
Been Liked: 76 times
Has Liked: 34 times

Re: This is my worst season ever

Post by Vim Fuego » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:09 pm

Given where we were a few seasons ago, this season has been awful. By our own recent standards, it has been rubbish

So much wrong this season from the manager and the new owners. Signings, selections and now season tickets. It is as if football decisions have been made on a financial basis

87 was as expected, we were trending that way over the years. The Longside even at two or three thousand on was a better experience than the modern stadium. And that season finished on a thankful high, one that we all remember as a day we will never forget. I enjoyed going on that season. Not this one - it has been a farce so far

But can we make the Great Escape and end it well ?

Casper2
Been Liked: 223 times
Has Liked: 67 times

Post by Casper2 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:32 pm

Big Vinny K wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:14 pm
Has anyone said he isn’t ?
No

ArmchairDetective
Been Liked: 404 times
Has Liked: 374 times

Post by ArmchairDetective » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:40 am

Seems like there's two separate points here.

This season has been terrible to watch. 2 home wins, can't keep a clean sheet, heads going down etc etc. In terms of entertainment value and competitiveness quite possibly the worst season I've seen as a Burnley fan.

I wasn't around for the 86/87 season, but by all accounts with the fear of the club going out of existence, I'd be fairly confident in assuming that the fans that were there would have snapped your hands off if offered our current position as a club.

In the grand scheme of things we are very very lucky to have a club regularly playing at the top tier of English football. But it doesn't mean this season hasn't been dire to watch. Both points can be right.

Edit: Though I might add that there's still a small glimmer of hope that the end of this season could be one or the best we've seen :D

vinrogue
Been Liked: 319 times
Has Liked: 184 times

Post by vinrogue » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:19 am

I can't say this is my worst season ever and it is because of many reasons including being a child of the 1950's. This season I have seen us play against some class opposition, I have seen us win at Luton and Forest (cup) as well as our two home wins, I have seen VAR that doesn't favour us, I have seen young players show their inexperience. Have I enjoyed this season? No I bloody well haven't, am I miffed about the season ticket fiasco that has thrown my personal budget into a meltdown hell yes. Worst season ever No, I cried when we got relegated to Division 2 only to blank that out by remembering Colin Waldron getting us back again. Will I cry if we get relegated this year No because I think the Championship fixtures will bring us more smiles than tears. Are we better equipped than Liverpool, Man City, Man United, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle, Villa, West Ham and Brighton? NO Are we as good as Palace, Everton, Brentford, Bournemouth, Fulham and Wolves? Not yet, so who are we fighting against in this league? Forest, Luton and Sheff Utd who could be replaced next season by Leeds, Leicester and Ipswich. Reality?

bfccrazy
Been Liked: 2105 times
Has Liked: 416 times

Post by bfccrazy » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:39 am

Easiest way to sum it up for me is that in those darkest days, we could only dream of being where we are now as a club on and off the pitch.

Take from that what you will.