Re: Phase 2 renewals and Phase 3 update

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
Claretblood
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: Phase 2 renewals

Post by Claretblood » Fri May 21, 2021 3:59 pm

Me and my family have had our seats since day dot in block 4 JHL
We normally renew every early bird paying the full amount but due to the ticket office closure was unable to do so and unaware of online purchase has we only received a email saying sales were being suspended.
We have been put in the phase 2 category and just learnt our seats have been sold to somebody else in phase 1 , surely this cannot be right and now have to relocate.
Treatment to some loyal supporters like our selves is very disappointing and very unfair !!!

Leisure
Been Liked: 3811 times
Has Liked: 12497 times

Post by Leisure » Fri May 21, 2021 5:37 pm

standishclarets wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:21 pm
Just received an email from the ticket office and it says that they will not be offering seat swaps for next season 'due to the complex renewal process'!
Seat swaps won't be available until 2022/23 season. Real pity as I am having problems now going up stairs (arthritis in left hip) and our seats are in the Jimmy Mac upper!!
Can I suggest that you try to have a word with Elaine in the Ticket Office. Whilst that email may be factually correct, she has always been prepared to try to address individual issues.
This user liked this post: ClaretTony

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri May 21, 2021 5:54 pm

Claretblood wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:59 pm
Me and my family have had our seats since day dot in block 4 JHL
We normally renew every early bird paying the full amount but due to the ticket office closure was unable to do so and unaware of online purchase has we only received a email saying sales were being suspended.
We have been put in the phase 2 category and just learnt our seats have been sold to somebody else in phase 1 , surely this cannot be right and now have to relocate.
Treatment to some loyal supporters like our selves is very disappointing and very unfair !!!
Happy to take this up for you. How many seats did/do you have? How did you learn that your seats aren't available and what alternative did you get offered? If it was email, any chance you could let me see it on here, obviously firstly removing any personal details.

Minimoog
Been Liked: 18 times
Has Liked: 21 times

Post by Minimoog » Fri May 21, 2021 8:00 pm

Well I've got a positive result.
Elaine from the ticket office has managed to relocate the person and child who had occupied my friends seat and the one next to it....apparently they are happy and so is my friend...
Well done to the overworked ticket office....
These 4 users liked this post: Leisure randomclaret2 Brucefanclaret Bosscat

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Fri May 21, 2021 8:04 pm

Minimoog wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:00 pm
Elaine from the ticket office has managed to relocate the person and child who had occupied my friends seat and the one next to it....apparently they are happy and so is my friend...
Great news. Elaine comes up trumps again!
These 2 users liked this post: Minimoog Bosscat

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri May 21, 2021 8:45 pm

Minimoog wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:00 pm
Elaine again. She does her own job well and mops up the mess made by others. Good news.
These 2 users liked this post: Minimoog Brucefanclaret

Claretblood

Post by Claretblood » Sat May 22, 2021 12:03 pm

Leisure wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 5:54 pm
Happy to take this up for you. How many seats did/do you have? How did you learn that your seats aren't available and what alternative did you get offered? If it was email, any chance you could let me see it on here, obviously firstly removing any personal details.
We had 3 seats on row P block 4 JHL and paid in full for the 19/20 season. We received an email on the 13th May stating we were eligible to renew in the second phase and if we are intending to renew to contact the club has there have been some updates that affect our seats.
We also received a letter stating the above and was offered free tickets for Liverpool game which we accepted.
We thought we were being moved due to the ground improvements and was told to call in on the 24th May to choose new seats. On the night of Liverpool match we noticed the ticket office open, we called in and was told our seats have been taken by somebody else . They have offered us 3 seats in block 3 but everybody seems to stand up there and why didn’t the 3 who have taken ours offered them instead

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sat May 22, 2021 12:49 pm

Claretblood wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 12:03 pm
We had 3 seats on row P block 4 JHL and paid in full for the 19/20 season. We received an email on the 13th May stating we were eligible to renew in the second phase and if we are intending to renew to contact the club has there have been some updates that affect our seats.
We also received a letter stating the above and was offered free tickets for Liverpool game which we accepted.
We thought we were being moved due to the ground improvements and was told to call in on the 24th May to choose new seats. On the night of Liverpool match we noticed the ticket office open, we called in and was told our seats have been taken by somebody else . They have offered us 3 seats in block 3 but everybody seems to stand up there and why didn’t the 3 who have taken ours offered them instead
OK. Did you renew for 20/21?

Claretblood

Post by Claretblood » Sat May 22, 2021 1:41 pm

We normally renew every early bird but was unable to do so due to the ticket office closing and sales suspended in March 2020 and just been offered the option to renew now

Leisure

Re: Phase 2 renewals UPDATE

Post by Leisure » Sat May 22, 2021 3:43 pm

From the Club website but still no mention of Direct Debit option being available

2021/2022 Phase 2 Season Tickets

All you need to know about securing seats for next season in Phase 2

The club is delighted to confirm that over 10,000 supporters have already renewed their season tickets for the 2021/22 season.

The second phase of sales, applicable to season ticket holders from the 2019/20 season who did not renew their seat, and 2020/21 season ticket holders who requested a full refund, will now commence from Monday 24th May.

Contrary to some reports, there will be no increases in price, with tickets offered at the same early bird price available in the first phase of renewals for the seventh season running.

However, supporters are respectfully advised that the club is currently awaiting confirmation from the Government and Public Health England on the exact capacity we will be able to accommodate at Turf Moor for the 2021/22 season, with the club anticipating fixtures could take place with a limited capacity to ensure social distancing measures.

At this stage, the club is therefore unable to guarantee full season tickets to the 4,000 supporters who are waiting to secure their seats in the second phase of sales.

To avoid further disappointment and potential refunds to these supporters, full season ticket payments will not be requested at this time.

However, from Monday 24th May, qualifying supporters will be able to place a refundable £10 deposit to confirm their interest in purchasing a season ticket, with the club then able to process these applications as soon as a return to full capacity is confirmed.

This Phase 2 period will run until 15th June when the club will hopefully be in a better position to judge what level of attendance will be permitted for the 2021/2022 season.

Should the club be unable to accommodate all requests due to Government restrictions, then a fair ballot process will be held.

Chairman Alan Pace said: “Unfortunately, it is still too early for us to know exactly how the roadmap out of lockdown will continue, and the number of spectators we can safely accommodate at Turf Moor, especially for the opening games of the season.

“That is why we have adopted a phased season ticket renewal process. The challenge we face as a club is managing the high demand for tickets with the potential for a reduced capacity, and significant changes to the usual seating arrangements.

“Clearly, while we would love to be able to accommodate everyone who wants to buy a season ticket, we do need to respect Government guidelines and the expectation that it may be some time before we can reach our capacity.

“We believe this is therefore the fairest way to ensure all those previous season ticket holders have an opportunity to secure a seat, whilst not taking funds off them for something we may sadly be unable to deliver.”

£10 deposits to secure seats are available to be done online only.

CLICK HERE FROM MONDAY 24TH MAY AT 10AM TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST (you'll need to do this on the Club website).

If you have any questions or queries please contact the below:

Ticket Office ticketoffice@burnleyfc.com 01282 446800 (option 2 or 3) Monday - Friday, 10am to 4pm.

Claretblood

Post by Claretblood » Sat May 22, 2021 7:45 pm

Claretblood wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 1:41 pm
We normally renew every early bird but was unable to do so due to the ticket office closing and sales suspended in March 2020 and just been offered the option to renew now

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sat May 22, 2021 7:49 pm

Claretblood wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:45 pm
So what options of seats have you been offered?

ClaretAL
Been Liked: 1045 times
Has Liked: 819 times

Re: Re: Phase 2 renewals UPDATE

Post by ClaretAL » Sat May 22, 2021 8:10 pm

It would seem there will be a way around this if you are " known" to people at the club as could be seen with prominent posters on this board who clearly advised they stopped their direct debit until things got back to normal, but still managed to get a ticket for the Liverpool match... so I presume the same will go for a season ticket.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sat May 22, 2021 8:32 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 8:10 pm
It would seem there will be a way around this if you are " known" to people at the club as could be seen with prominent posters on this board who clearly advised they stopped their direct debit until things got back to normal, but still managed to get a ticket for the Liverpool match... so I presume the same will go for a season ticket.
Really, around what? Go on then, name and shame!

PS - I do know that some people who are Phase 2 renewers were offered Liverpool tickets inconjunction with them being told that the seats that they thought had been reserved for them to renew from next Monday were no longer available, as they had been allocated to fans from the 132 displaced JHL people. But I guess that you weren't referring to them.
Last edited by Leisure on Sat May 22, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32546 times
Has Liked: 5279 times

Post by ClaretTony » Sat May 22, 2021 8:33 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
If that’s the case then I think you need to support that with some evidence.

Bosscat
Been Liked: 8537 times
Has Liked: 18277 times

Post by Bosscat » Sat May 22, 2021 8:37 pm

ClaretAL wrote:
I would think there will be a lot of people who said they got tickets but didn't ........

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sat May 22, 2021 8:50 pm

Bosscat wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 8:37 pm
I would think there will be a lot of people who said they got tickets but didn't ........
Unfortunately there were some fans who thought that they'd got tickets but hadn't (after getting the 'successful' message)!.
Last edited by Leisure on Sat May 22, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Claretblood

Post by Claretblood » Sat May 22, 2021 9:00 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:49 pm
So what options of seats have you been offered?
[/quot
Weve been offered 3 seats in block 3 JHL where they all stand up. The seats we had for many years we’re really good seats at the end of the row not far from the back. It seems we’re being penalised for paying up front . and not being able to renew due to the ticket office closing and suspending sales due to covid, it’s very poor organisation by the club .
I understand some may have to relocate due to ground improvements but not in another season ticket holder’s seats .

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sat May 22, 2021 9:22 pm

Claretblood wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:00 pm
Unfortunately it seems that the Club do not consider that Phase 2 renewers like yourselves are actually season ticket holders, which I suppose is technically correct but that does seem unfair to me. I guess the thing to take from this is that fans should not leave renewal until the last few days of a window, as it may get closed without notice.

Darthlaw
Been Liked: 1185 times
Has Liked: 418 times

Post by Darthlaw » Sat May 22, 2021 9:48 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:22 pm
Unfortunately it seems that the Club do not consider that Phase 2 renewers like yourselves are actually season ticket holders, which I suppose is technically correct but that does seem unfair to me. I guess the thing to take from this is that fans should not leave renewal until the last few days of a window, as it may get closed without notice.
Given the communications over the past 12 months, including:
“Deadline is the 31st March” (in Feb)
“Deadline extended for the foreseeable future”(end of March)
“There will be a short window to renew your season ticket” (in November)
“Your seat is safe”

The clear message is to take whatever the club says with a pinch of salt.

davetheclaret
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by davetheclaret » Sat May 22, 2021 10:14 pm

Claretblood wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 1:41 pm
Exactly the same for me Claretblood, i agree with you, as the ticket office was shut how on earth could we pay, i wasn't leaving it to the last minute, i contacted the club to pay weeks ago but was told i couldn't pay until Phase 2 opened, and now it is open im told my seat has been sold to someone else , a seat i've had since the stand was built, i payed the whole season up front every season. Its a complete mess, and very poor by Burnley Football Club.

Sheedyclaret
Been Liked: 170 times
Has Liked: 45 times

Post by Sheedyclaret » Sun May 23, 2021 8:22 am

What a mess for some supporters really poor from the club when it seems there is better communication on a football message board than what the club is giving out....

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun May 23, 2021 9:26 am

Sheedyclaret wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:22 am
What a mess for some supporters really poor from the club when it seems there is better communication on a football message board than what the club is giving out....
The problem with the Club is that over the last months they've made deadlines/statements/promises and then not kept to them but without formally informing fans. I think we all realise that it's been a difficult year and that things change but breaking promises/changing deadlines etc should be notified to fans in advance. If this had been done a lot of issues/problems/upset could have been avoided.
These 4 users liked this post: Claret Till I Die Sheedyclaret bob77 Darthlaw

jrgbfc
Been Liked: 2108 times
Has Liked: 337 times

Post by jrgbfc » Sun May 23, 2021 9:34 am

So by the sounds of it for now phase 2 is basically just clicking a link to register your interest and paying your deposit? No messing around linking online accounts or having to add friends and family etc?
My Dad is hoping to renew on behalf of an elderly family friend who have never used a computer in their life.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun May 23, 2021 9:52 am

jrgbfc wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:34 am
So by the sounds of it for now phase 2 is basically just clicking a link to register your interest and paying your deposit? No messing around linking online accounts or having to add friends and family etc?
My Dad is hoping to renew on behalf of an elderly family friend who have never used a computer in their life.
Wonder if people can choose any seat or just what they thought was their own?

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Sun May 23, 2021 11:01 am

Leisure wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 9:52 am
Wonder if people can choose any seat or just what they thought was their own?
The removal of previous text on the website (insinuating seats were safe) would suggest that.

I hope I’m wrong but I have zero confidence in the club these days, more to the point I think in someone trying to cover their arse they’re getting closer to deceit.

Rileybobs
Been Liked: 6965 times
Has Liked: 1484 times

Post by Rileybobs » Sun May 23, 2021 11:10 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:01 am
The removal of previous text on the website (insinuating seats were safe) would suggest that.

I hope I’m wrong but I have zero confidence in the club these days, more to the point I think in someone trying to cover their arse they’re getting closer to deceit.
The situation has changed so the club’s policy has changed, hence them removing the text on the website. They haven’t broken any contract as those affected didn’t have a contract with the club. In fact, even season ticket holders aren’t guaranteed to have access to ‘their’ seat.

It is very poor form by the club, without a doubt. They deserve criticism for the way that this has been handled. I don’t think it has anything to do with arse covering though and certainly isn’t deceit.

Claretblood

Post by Claretblood » Sun May 23, 2021 11:13 am

Leisure wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:21 pm
A couple which were taken from the Club website (don't know if they're still on there) -

I chose not to renew in the Early Bird period for 20/21 due to the uncertainty surrounding the season. Can I still retain my seat for the 21/22 campaign and purchase a season ticket now? We want to reassure you that your seat will be available to renew. We also fully appreciate that your choice not to renew may have been based upon the uncertainty of the upcoming season back in the early bird renewal window (for 20/21). In such cases we would ask supporters to contact the ticket office team, preferably by email, and provide an outline of your request and we can talk you through your options on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the ticket office by email on ticketoffice@burnleyfc.com.

Rest assured that whatever your option from the details laid out below, we value your support now, more than ever and guarantee that, whatever decision you make, your seat for the 2021/22 season will continue to be reserved until June 2021, at which point we would hope that some form of normality has returned and season ticket sales can restart.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Sun May 23, 2021 11:14 am

Find that text on the club website now, claretblood.

It isn’t there anymore.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Sun May 23, 2021 11:16 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:10 am
The situation has changed so the club’s policy has changed, hence them removing the text on the website. They haven’t broken any contract as those affected didn’t have a contract with the club. In fact, even season ticket holders aren’t guaranteed to have access to ‘their’ seat.

It is very poor form by the club, without a doubt. They deserve criticism for the way that this has been handled. I don’t think it has anything to do with arse covering though and certainly isn’t deceit.
BFC modus operandi, Rileybobs.

Make a promise, renege on it quietly, bollock5 to the customer.

If they explain, or even acknowledge, they can’t keep a previous promise then fair enough. It’s understandable that we’re living in changeable times. Just deleting all trace of a previous communication, hoping no one notices, screams arse covering to me.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun May 23, 2021 11:23 am

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:16 am
BFC modus operandi, Rileybobs.

Make a promise, renege on it quietly, bollock5 to the customer.
I don’t think the club has a history of reneging on promises to be honest. Unfortunately, in this situation they appear to have prioritised ‘current’ ST holders who are being moved due to the corporate expansion above ‘lapsed’ ST holders who may or may not have been renewing.

I don’t for one minute agree with what they’ve done. Effectively they’ve p!ssed off twice as many supporters. They also could have put a system in place to ensure the displaced fans had first choice of any seats that weren’t renewed in phase 2. Although I suppose the issue there is that we don’t know when those seats will come available due to the uncertainty around full attendances being permitted - so in the meantime these frustrated fans would be left without a definitive seat.

Like i say, this has been handled terribly, I just think that words like deceit are misplaced.

Goody1975
Been Liked: 992 times
Has Liked: 265 times

Post by Goody1975 » Sun May 23, 2021 11:45 am

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:23 am
I don’t think the club has a history of reneging on promises to be honest. Unfortunately, in this situation they appear to have prioritised ‘current’ ST holders who are being moved due to the corporate expansion above ‘lapsed’ ST holders who may or may not have been renewing.

I don’t for one minute agree with what they’ve done. Effectively they’ve p!ssed off twice as many supporters. They also could have put a system in place to ensure the displaced fans had first choice of any seats that weren’t renewed in phase 2. Although I suppose the issue there is that we don’t know when those seats will come available due to the uncertainty around full attendances being permitted - so in the meantime these frustrated fans would be left without a definitive seat.

Like i say, this has been handled terribly, I just think that words like deceit are misplaced.
They will have ****** of more than twice as many supporters.

If you have sat in a group for 25 years with the same season ticket holders and find somebody new sat in their seat (due to no fault of their own), I think you are going to be a little bit miffed with the new person (the anger should be directed at the club btw).

The club have handled the whole thing disgracefully and are lurching from one disastrous move to another.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Sun May 23, 2021 12:22 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:23 am
Offered an extended renewal window (without deadline) then closed it - Incompetence.
Offered another renewal window which never cam to fruition - incompetence.
Said phase 2 seats are 'secured' (social distance capacity restrictions allowing) then given away phase 2 folks seats - incompetence.

Retrospectively removing all traces of the promise that phase 2 seats were safe from the website - sneaky /unethical / deceitful (pick your own word)

Best yet, the last one has happened after Pace admitting that the previous comms had been handled badly. Its one thing to make a promise/offer, then change the goalposts for external reasons, it's quite another to try to cover up that you ever made the promise in the first place. I call that deceit, but thats just me.
This user liked this post: dsr

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun May 23, 2021 12:25 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:22 pm
Offered an extended renewal window (without deadline) then closed it - Incompetence.
Offered another renewal window which never cam to fruition - incompetence.
Said phase 2 seats are 'secured' (social distance capacity restrictions allowing) then given away phase 2 folks seats - incompetence.

Retrospectively removing all traces of the promise that phase 2 seats were safe from the website - sneaky /unethical / deceitful (pick your own word)

Best yet, the last one has happened after Pace admitting that the previous comms had been handled badly. Its one thing to make a promise/offer, then change the goalposts for external reasons, it's quite another to try to cover up that you ever made the promise in the first place. I call that deceit, but thats just me.
I don’t think it’s deceitful because I don’t think the club have removed the wording hoping that nobody remembers what was promised. If the terms offered no longer apply then they’re absolutely correct to remove that statement from the website.

I don’t disagree with your general point about the incompetence btw.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun May 23, 2021 12:34 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:25 pm
I don’t think it’s deceitful because I don’t think the club have removed the wording hoping that nobody remembers what was promised. If the terms offered no longer apply then they’re absolutely correct to remove that statement from the website.

I don’t disagree with your general point about the incompetence btw.
Personally I've no problem with the Club tidying up the website and removing out of date info/articles if they're no longer relevant but what I'm struggling to understand is why the promise of retaining people's seats until June should no longer apply?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun May 23, 2021 12:37 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:34 pm
Personally I've no problem with the Club tidying up the website and removing out of date info/articles if they're no longer relevant but what I'm struggling to understand is why the promise of retaining people's seats until June should no longer apply?
I thought it does apply to the vast majority of people but just doesn’t apply to the unfortunate few who’s seat will be taken by those fans moved from the JML?

claretblue
Been Liked: 1835 times
Has Liked: 962 times

Post by claretblue » Sun May 23, 2021 12:38 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:34 pm
this just stinks!
Tomorrow I'm sorting paying deposits for 2 friends who sit next to me (I renewed) but I fear the worst and by the sounds of previous alarming posts that they're 2 seats in JHU are likely to have been sold to others! :shock:

I'll be livid if that's the case!
Last edited by claretblue on Sun May 23, 2021 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Sun May 23, 2021 12:38 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
I don’t think the club have removed the wording hoping that nobody remembers what was promised.
Opinions and all that. I think thats exactly what they've done.
Rileybobs wrote:
f the terms offered no longer apply then they’re absolutely correct to remove that statement from the website.
Pace recently has admitted they've had to move the goalposts with Phase 2 renewals, due to external factors, so I can swallow the previous. Removing mentions (not articles themselves) of phase 2 fans having their seat secured without explanation is just plain dodgy.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun May 23, 2021 12:41 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:38 pm
Opinions and all that. I think thats exactly what they've done.

Pace recently has admitted they've had to move the goalposts with Phase 2 renewals, due to external factors, so I can swallow the previous. Removing mentions of phase 2 fans having their seat secured without explanation is just plain dodgy.
There may be an explanation in due course. Bear in mind that we’re still in a hiatus. I would have thought the first thing to do would be to remove the outdated and incorrect information from the website.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Sun May 23, 2021 12:49 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:41 pm
There may be an explanation in due course. Bear in mind that we’re still in a hiatus. I would have thought the first thing to do would be to remove the outdated and incorrect information from the website.
Balance of probability, given their track record, there won't be an explanation or we can expect it next February.

Given people are placing deposits tomorrow and havent been advised whether it is on their seat or just a seat, you'd imagine the best policy would be to update the information, rather than just remove the previous offer.

I think it's safe to assume many folk will believe they are getting their 19/00 seat, should capacity restrictions allow, not just any seat in the stadium. Currently me and the Mrs are placing our £10 deposits tomorrow, given the lack of information, will we even get to sit together?

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun May 23, 2021 12:56 pm

Darthlaw wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:49 pm
Balance of probability, given their track record, there won't be an explanation or we can expect it next February.

Given people are placing deposits tomorrow and havent been advised whether it is on their seat or just a seat, you'd imagine the best policy would be to update the information, rather than just remove the previous offer.

I think it's safe to assume many folk will believe they are getting their 19/00 seat, should capacity restrictions allow, not just any seat in the stadium. Currently me and the Mrs are placing our £10 deposits tomorrow, given the lack of information, will we even get to sit together?
That’s why you’re only being asked to pay a £10 deposit. Quote from Alan Pace;

“That is why we have adopted a phased season ticket renewal process. The challenge we face as a club is managing the high demand for tickets with the potential for a reduced capacity, and significant changes to the usual seating arrangements.”

I’d like to think that the people who pay their deposit and who’s seat has been taken will then be contacted by the club and made aware of the situation and options for relocation or refund. As we’re probably only talking about 100 fans I guess the club have decided that this would be a more appropriate solution than releasing a statement to all in phase 2 saying that their seat may have been taken, which would cause panic and mass outrage, as you can see on a smaller scale on this forum.

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun May 23, 2021 12:57 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:37 pm
I thought it does apply to the vast majority of people but just doesn’t apply to the unfortunate few who’s seat will be taken by those fans moved from the JML?
As I've said previously, I've no idea if those renewing from tomorrow are reserving what they consider is their seat or just a seat but I have asked the Club that question and am awaiting a response.

Claretblood

Post by Claretblood » Sun May 23, 2021 12:57 pm

We received at letter on the 14 May 21 saying we was being relocated due to the ground improvements and offered a sweetener with free Liverpool tickets.
It didn’t state that someone’s taking our seats in block 4 JHL . We only found this out when we called in the ticket office on the night of the Liverpool game to inquire what blocks were down for improvements which was 6/7 and not block 4.

beddie
Been Liked: 1408 times
Has Liked: 521 times

Post by beddie » Sun May 23, 2021 1:00 pm

It’s certainly causing a lot of issues. We’re part of the 132 that had to move. Whilst we’ve managed to find three seats together as crap as they are compared to where we were I do fear now that we may have taken those seats off some season ticket holders that are in phase 2. I told the club at the time how disappointed we are about moving having been there since the opening of the JHL and that when it’s something that doesn’t actually affect you personally, you won’t realise the enormity of it, part of our enjoyment was forming relationships with so many people on our row and in front of us over all those years, they all became friends. That will be lost now. My minds all over the place at the minute, I get depressed thinking about it, to the point where I’m still not sure whether I want to bother and ask for my money back. I feel for all those in phase 2 and hope that the government gives the green light to allow full stadiums, time will tell.
This user liked this post: Goody1975

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun May 23, 2021 1:01 pm

Leisure wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:57 pm
As I've said previously, I've no idea if those renewing from tomorrow are reserving what they consider is their seat or just a seat but I have asked the Club that question and am awaiting a response.
I think the response will be that the club will endeavour to make sure that people who are placing a deposit get their same seat for next season. But they won’t be able to promise this as some fans are being moved due to corporate expansion, and others, inexplicably, are being moved to make way for those fans.

Worth noting that people aren’t renewing from tomorrow, they’re paying a deposit to register their interest for next season.

Rileybobs

Post by Rileybobs » Sun May 23, 2021 1:03 pm

beddie wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 1:00 pm
It’s certainly causing a lot of issues. We’re part of the 132 that had to move. Whilst we’ve managed to find three seats together as crap as they are compared to where we were I do fear now that we may have taken those seats off some season ticket holders that are in phase 2. I told the club at the time how disappointed we are about moving having been there since the opening of the JHL and that when it’s something that doesn’t actually affect you personally, you won’t realise the enormity of it, part of our enjoyment was forming relationships with so many people on our row and in front of us over all those years, they all became friends. That will be lost now. My minds all over the place at the minute, I get depressed thinking about it, to the point where I’m still not sure whether I want to bother and ask for my money back. I feel for all those in phase 2 and hope that the government gives the green light to allow full stadiums, time will tell.
Hope you make some new acquaintances, Beddie. As the people you sit around certainly affect the enjoyment of the game, even if you haven’t got a relationship with them.

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Sun May 23, 2021 1:04 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 1:01 pm
I think the response will be that the club will endeavour to make sure that people who are placing a deposit get their same seat for next season. But they'll have to retract that promise this as some fans are being moved due to corporate expansion, and others, inexplicably, are being moved to make way for those fans.
Fixed it for you.

Burnley1989
Been Liked: 2318 times
Has Liked: 2174 times

Post by Burnley1989 » Sun May 23, 2021 1:06 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:45 pm
Elaine again. She does her own job well and mops up the mess made by others. Good news.
She really is gold! The club would be a mess without her, as important as Sean Dyche ;)
These 3 users liked this post: ClaretTony Leisure Claret Till I Die

Darthlaw

Post by Darthlaw » Sun May 23, 2021 1:06 pm

But they have retracted that promise
Fixed it for myself

Leisure

Post by Leisure » Sun May 23, 2021 1:06 pm

Rileybobs wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:56 pm
That’s why you’re only being asked to pay a £10 deposit. Quote from Alan Pace;

“That is why we have adopted a phased season ticket renewal process. The challenge we face as a club is managing the high demand for tickets with the potential for a reduced capacity, and significant changes to the usual seating arrangements.”

I’d like to think that the people who pay their deposit and who’s seat has been taken will then be contacted by the club and made aware of the situation and options for relocation or refund. As we’re probably only talking about 100 fans I guess the club have decided that this would be a more appropriate solution than releasing a statement to all in phase 2 saying that their seat may have been taken, which would cause panic and mass outrage, as you can see on a smaller scale on this forum.
But it's not just 100 or 132 or it may even be less, it's also affecting the family/friends etc of those who have been told that their seat is longer available for them to renew. But what seems ironic is that some of those 132 who felt angry/annoyed/upset etc that they had had their seat taken off them, have now caused the same feelings to those whose seats they have now taken. I do wonder if they realise that their new seats were someone else's! But either way, I can imagine that they'll possibly find out when they occupy it at the 1st game!