Barkley & Maitland-Niles

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Re: Barkley & Maitland-Niles

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:03 pm

Forgotten wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:23 pm
I think the word ‘fee’ is confusing. Loan fee, doesn’t include wages normally.
Some loan fees include a contribution to the players wages, we had Nugent on loan and paid a % of his wages and the loan fee covered the rest of it pretty much

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32238 times
Has Liked: 5254 times

Post by ClaretTony » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:42 pm

Jakubclaret wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:35 pm
Even at this ridiculously low fee it’s sounds a win win no brainer for some clubs. Had Barkley wanted to come to Burnley we would have accepted him.
We turned down the offer.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:16 pm

I don't think Barkley is the kind of player that would dig deep when things aren't going well.
He would drop his head.
He's not the kind of player you want in a relegation fight.

Of course he's miles better than what we have, but you have to admit his general persona is just not a good fit for us.

Maitland-Niles however I think could have potential.

We also have Stephens coming back from injury and already have an abundance of CMs when we normally play 442.

tiger76
Been Liked: 4644 times
Has Liked: 9849 times

Post by tiger76 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:28 pm

superdimitri wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:16 pm
I don't think Barkley is the kind of player that would dig deep when things aren't going well.
He would drop his head.
He's not the kind of player you want in a relegation fight.

Of course he's miles better than what we have, but you have to admit his general persona is just not a good fit for us.

Maitland-Niles however I think could have potential.

We also have Stephens coming back from injury and already have an abundance of CMs when we normally play 442.
I tend to agree with you of the two I'd rather have AMN, and it's fine saying we have an abundance of CM'S, but none of them are exactly pulling up trees are they.

Whether Ashley Maitland-Niles is the answer I don't know, but we need to strengthen in the midfield urgently as it's proving a major achilles heel to our imminent survival prospects this term.

superdimitri
Been Liked: 1005 times
Has Liked: 725 times

Post by superdimitri » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:56 am

tiger76 wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:28 pm
I tend to agree with you of the two I'd rather have AMN, and it's fine saying we have an abundance of CM'S, but none of them are exactly pulling up trees are they.

Whether Ashley Maitland-Niles is the answer I don't know, but we need to strengthen in the midfield urgently as it's proving a major achilles heel to our imminent survival prospects this term.
Problem is it takes a special kinda player to slot in and improve us straight away. These things usually take time, and time isn't really something you have when a player joins in January. You also have to factor in it can have a negative rather than positive impact on the team ala Gibson and Drinkwater. Its always a risk, but I'd rather we strengthen with another winger since that's a position we're actually short in.

I think our problem is more with our strikers than midfield, I think its about time we saw Rodriguez and Vydra get a run in the side ahead of Barnes, and possibly we could do with picking up someone in the transfer window who's capable of coming on and scoring a goal such as Austin.