Big news coming soon from the Turf (Sean Dyche sacked)

This Forum is the main messageboard to discuss all things Claret and Blue and beyond
ŽižkovClaret
Been Liked: 2145 times
Has Liked: 3063 times

Re: Big news coming soon from the Turf (Sean Dyche sacked)

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:40 pm

Superjohnnyfrancis wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:35 am
Hope Vyds renews now , criminally underused in his time with us
I'd imagine he already has eyes on Slavia Prague or the MLS

Elbarad
Been Liked: 147 times
Has Liked: 50 times

Post by Elbarad » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:41 pm

He's been a great manager, but I understand ALK getting desperate and taking a swing at turning things around. Probably too late to really matter. If somehow we escape relegation, everyone will be saying it's a master stroke. If we go down however, I think we'll wish we'd kept Dyche.
This user liked this post: longsidepies

Penwortham_Claret
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 19 times

Post by Penwortham_Claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:41 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:39 pm
As I posted - Carrick won’t be losing his job at United, he left at the end of last year.
I’m fully aware that Carrick isn’t at United nor did I suggest that he was.

ClaretTony
Been Liked: 32243 times
Has Liked: 5255 times

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:41 pm

Another sacking too this afternoon I’m told but not yet reported

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:42 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:50 pm
3-2 versus Everton with manager, team and fans as one, is what I like to remember and why I find the sacking inbecillic.
To go from that, to an absolute non performance at Norwich, possibly said it all to the owners

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:43 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:41 pm
In the PL? Or at Burnley?
Last edited by RVclaret on Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stu
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by Stu » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:43 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Another sacking at Burnley?

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:43 pm

RVclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:43 pm
In the PL? Or at Burnley?
At Burnley

Spiral
Been Liked: 2518 times
Has Liked: 333 times

Post by Spiral » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:45 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
At Burnley
Coach/club management, player? Stephens? (Drink driving?)

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:45 pm

For all those saying Duff has very little experience, despite him having 4 years being very successful in the lower leagues with very little money to spend, how much experience has Carrick??? Crikey, are we going to be the subject of his dissertation for his coaching badges???

KRBFC
Been Liked: 3784 times
Has Liked: 1071 times

Post by KRBFC » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:46 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:39 pm
As I posted - Carrick won’t be losing his job at United, he left at the end of last year.
Any inside scoop CT?

Dark Cloud
Been Liked: 1981 times
Has Liked: 3299 times

Post by Dark Cloud » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:48 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Tea lady. (Surplus to requirements since Mormons don't drink tea!)

RVclaret
Been Liked: 3707 times
Has Liked: 2499 times

Post by RVclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:49 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
At Burnley
Haven’t all the first team management been sacked? Not sure who else it could be.

s6t9a2f3f
Been Liked: 82 times

Post by s6t9a2f3f » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:49 pm

The only way this would make sense is if the board has somebody lined up. To have the option of sacking the manager and leaving the club/team rudderless for 1-2-3 games in the position we are in with the games left would be bizarre 🤔

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Post by Boss Hogg » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:50 pm

Not read the thread but strange timing. I think they should have done this before the window. A new man hasn’t got time to change this season. Ad it is now I would have given Dyche 10 games in the Champ to see if he could still do it there.

He’ll go down as a great manager for us but something has gone very stale and it does have an air of when Stan left as another poster mentioned.

Some great times under Dyche but let’s look forward to a new chapter. I’m sure posters who think there is no other manager out there who could manage us will be disappointed. For me I actually feel like going back on Turf Moor again even if they are dead rubbers. I’m confident the dour spectacle can’t be worse.

cheeseon
Been Liked: 5 times
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by cheeseon » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:50 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Maybe Garlick’s exercised his buy back clause & sacked Pace too?!?

Superjohnnyfrancis
Been Liked: 335 times
Has Liked: 313 times

Post by Superjohnnyfrancis » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:50 pm

Just a shame it didn’t happen at Christmas that was the time really might not have been in this mess then

Colburn_Claret
Been Liked: 3060 times
Has Liked: 5023 times

Post by Colburn_Claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:50 pm

Very surprised, very sad, but not shocked.

I would have kept him, even when we get relegated, but I can understand why he's gone.

Performance early doors were OK, without the results , but lately has been awful. You can play well and get beat, but we've been so far off where we need to be. All SDs fine margins, is cover for some rank bad decisions.
In all the key games we've played the wrong game, with the wrong tactics, and often the wrong team. That has to be laid at Sean's door.
He will always be a legend, the best I'll ever know, but he was never faultless. I got the feeling his stubbornness was costing us, and the players, no matter what they say, knew it wasn't working.

A new manager won't save us, SD couldn't have, but the new manager will have an awful lot on his plate.

KateR
Been Liked: 1018 times
Has Liked: 6157 times

Post by KateR » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:56 pm

I've just got up, had a coffee opened BBC/Football and stared at the headline, I was shocked and not believing, thinking something is not right but of course it's happened.

I thought after the Newcastle and Brentford games he might go, my thoughts were any other club and chairman and he would have, I would have understood it much better if it had been then rather than now or after the season. Thoughts of loyalty drifted in and out but we all know it really is a results based game at the end of the day and clearly the results have not been good enough, that of course is the main part of SD's job description, therefore in the cold light of day he's failed. Reality, hope and loyalty just can't coexist unfortunately.

I also was thinking Pace is showing his lack of knowledge and ruthlessness but appears I was wrong regarding the being ruthless, yet I have to think he's seen the inevitable, which I thought after the Brentford game, of course Everton gives that little bit of outside hope. However, I'd adjusted to going down, believing SD would bring us back and we'd have that clear out and bring in a much better midfield. Now I'm not sure about bouncing right back but still hopeful but so many variables in the mix now to have any sort of confidence.

I just spent an hour on a conference and of course my mind was still on this news, as usual time gives a little perspective, we were down and this doesn't change my opinion, yes we've games to go but it's the same players, with to many not performing consistently this season, unless you want to accuse some of consistently being poor. Will Cork be in the team come Sunday, would it make any difference, WH must be on a high right now.

At least it's something of interest to argue about regarding who and the effects over the remainder of the season, perhaps Ole will come in and make us tick.

Finally I was a big SD fan, he provided so many great moments for years and I wish him and the team well, I'm sure they will do well. In regard to the new board I was very suspect and still am, although I did like the improvement in recruitment, he was very adamant his business model was also geared to the Championship and that we'd all be amazed if we knew the deal. Still to be proven and I'm skeptical from a business point of view, will watch it all unfold with open eyes and pray they know what they're doing.

SalisburyClaret
Been Liked: 1104 times
Has Liked: 709 times

Post by SalisburyClaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:56 pm

Saw this on one of the newspaper comments boards - gwts it bang on -

When a manager gets sacked, there's always a lot we don't know. We only know what we see on the pitch and what comes out through the media.

Maybe players weren't responding to him anymore. Maybe the manager was unfairly casting out some players. Maybe he was clashing with management. Maybe there was a malaise around the club that wasn't obvious from the outside. Maybe the manager himself had already checked out. Maybe, if you were really privy to what's going on inside the club, the decision to sack the manager made complete sense.

Taking all the preceding into consideration, and giving the Burnley brain trust the benefit of the doubt, here's my revised take on their decision to fire Dyche:

- what a stupid, stupid fuking decision.
This user liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland

SkiptonClaret
Been Liked: 294 times
Has Liked: 92 times

Post by SkiptonClaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:57 pm

Right decision. Wrong timing, should have gone last summer. Need a Eddie Howe style clear out of all the creaky knees now.
These 2 users liked this post: Downhamclaret ClaretMov

Vino blanco
Been Liked: 1898 times
Has Liked: 1965 times

Post by Vino blanco » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:57 pm

I was surprised by the timing of the sacking, but not entirely disappointed. I have said on here before that Sean Dyche is possibly the best manager I have seen in my almost 70 years watching Burnley, I hate to say it though but the whole ethos at the club had become stale and somewhat depressing to me. Our football has been awful for the last two seasons and the results have echoed this. We have an ageing team of very average players, who are not up to PL standards. We play football almost without a midfield, leaving our forwards feeding off scraps. Something had to change.
I said at the time it was madness to give Dyche a 4 year contract: he automatically becomes unsackable and in a comfort zone. When he said after another defeat about two months ago that “he believed in the group of players he had” I knew there was something not right about the team and his management of it.
I would have been happy to see Dyche given a chance next season in the Championship, because I feel that the Board believe that is where we will be playing. I have been expecting relegation this season since Brighton beat us at home the first match, mainly because we didn’t try to solve our midfield problem. Whether the lack of trying to solve this problem is a Dyche problem or a Garlick problem or Pace problem is a separate discussion.
Sean Dyche deserves our thanks and respect for what he has achieved at the club and is, without doubt, a Burnley legend. But, thing change in life and we have to move on: the club is bigger than any manager or chairman. Now is the time to support the team in the remaining matches and hope we can stay up.
Finally, the people on here who have mentioned the nationality and religion of our chairman should be ashamed of themselves.
These 3 users liked this post: Vegas Claret burnleymik Anonymous

s6t9a2f3f
Been Liked: 82 times

Post by s6t9a2f3f » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:57 pm

The only way this would make sense is if the board has somebody lined up. To have the option of sacking the manager and leaving the club/team rudderless for 1-2-3 games in the position we are in with the games left would be bizarre 🤔

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:01 pm

s6t9a2f3f wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:57 pm
I'd assume you'd be well happy with today's news.
Dyche gone after years of complaining and with a new manager to come you'll have someone new to complain about.

All your Fridays have come at once.

GodIsADeeJay81
Been Liked: 3435 times
Has Liked: 6339 times

Post by GodIsADeeJay81 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:03 pm

Dark Cloud wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:45 pm
For all those saying Duff has very little experience, despite him having 4 years being very successful in the lower leagues with very little money to spend, how much experience has Carrick??? Crikey, are we going to be the subject of his dissertation for his coaching badges???
The former players from big clubs tend to have better contacts when it comes to loaning players from said big clubs.
Duff may not have those same contacts/connections

Belial
Been Liked: 381 times
Has Liked: 320 times

Post by Belial » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:11 pm

Feel for SD....he deserved a good send off at least. It's a results game and unfortunately ours haven't been good for some time. That said, I think it's been the manner of defeats that may have contributed to the decision. Every non-Burnley fan I know have said the same things this year, that we don't have the fight we normally have and we're just not the same difficult team to play against.

I'm sad to see him go, and the timing isn't right in my opinion (I'd have given him till mid next season to turn things round with a new squad), however, the proof will be in the pudding as to whether it's the correct decision so I'll reserve judgement for now

Stayingup
Been Liked: 914 times
Has Liked: 2726 times

Post by Stayingup » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:13 pm

Very very sad. Provided us with some wonderful moments. Beating all the top six at one point or another has been terrific. But all good things must come to an end sadly. I think the recent signings have not helped and SD has not been able to properly integrate them. But then again when you are playing the like of Man City and your midfield is getting the run around - and not only against Man City - and in one case a player sauntering about it must be diffcult to integrate new players.
This user liked this post: Vino blanco

Boss Hogg
Been Liked: 846 times
Has Liked: 1090 times

Re: Dyche gone

Post by Boss Hogg » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:13 pm

IanMcL wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:42 am
Players should go on strike!
Nonsense as is chanting Dyche’s name when he’s not here. I support BFC not Sean Dyche. I’ll be cheering on Ben Mee and the team instead. Let’s try and move forwards not backwards.
These 4 users liked this post: jrgbfc Murger Milltown1882 tiger76

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:15 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Any clues? I guess it wont be reported

Bangers&Mash
Been Liked: 123 times
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Bangers&Mash » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:16 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
At Burnley
And the poor dealing of this is what's created the sh!tstorm of Dyche's sacking

ClaretTony

Post by ClaretTony » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:18 pm

KRBFC wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:15 pm
Any clues? I guess it wont be reported
I know who but can't say anything at the moment

ŽižkovClaret

Post by ŽižkovClaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:19 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:18 pm
Dale Stephens would make sense i guess

Vegas Claret
Been Liked: 10917 times
Has Liked: 5594 times

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:20 pm

I did not expect to wake up to this news at all
This user liked this post: Les Lawrence

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:21 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:18 pm
Mark Howard being my guess.

Aclaret
Been Liked: 1299 times
Has Liked: 1391 times

Post by Aclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:21 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:20 pm
I did not expect to wake up to this news at all
Go back to sleep Vegas.....you're having a dream !

uptheclarets86
Been Liked: 15 times
Has Liked: 60 times

Post by uptheclarets86 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:23 pm

Aclaret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:21 pm
Go back to sleep Vegas.....you're having a dream !
More like an f’in nightmare!!

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:25 pm

was Howard part of Dyche's team? or was he here already? Seems to take training sessions, wasn't aware that's what the Sports Science guys did. Seems really good at what he does anyway

claretspice
Been Liked: 2801 times
Has Liked: 138 times

Post by claretspice » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:26 pm

I have to say that I'm stunned by the timing of this. It's a poor way to treat someone who deserved to depart more ceremoniously. Seems at face value unlikely to improve our chances of survival and on that basis it feels a counter productive decision.

It may well be that there's more to this than meets the eye, and that something has occurred behind the scenes that makes sense of it. There may well have made sense to initiate a conversation this summmer about whether the relationship was still right given the way this season has unfolded and the contract situation this summer. But unilaterally sacking a man with his record is nonetheless a huge call, and culling him and so many right now is even bigger. These owners have lots of question marks against them and another big one has just been added - although I can't imagine why anyone thinks it's right to bring their religion into it.

For now, the overriding reaction is gratitude. What Dyche has achieved at Burnley was unimaginable when he walked into the club and he leaves an incredible legacy of both hard progress and precious memories. The two promotions, finishing 7th, Europe, winning at or against every one of the biggest clubs in the land...gosh this has been a special decade. What comes next? Not sure, but that's tomorrow's question.
These 5 users liked this post: SussexDon1inIreland DCWat tiger76 Enola Gay Boss Hogg

buzzclarets79
Been Liked: 227 times
Has Liked: 208 times

Post by buzzclarets79 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:29 pm

bf2k wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:35 pm
Do you really think this board know what they are doing? Do you really think they have as plan? Because they haven’t shown much evidence of either so far in their 15 months in charge.
Well they’ve not just woke up this morning, put the kettle on and thought what should we do today….. yeah I know let’s sack SD.
There’s always a plan, it’s just where we as supporters fit into it and indeed agree with it.

I’m quite prepared to see what happens next before commenting, they have stated they made the change to give us a shot at staying up, that to me says that they have someone ready to take over.

End of the day we as supporters have no control over what happens.
These 3 users liked this post: Belial Vegas Claret Boss Hogg

Les Lawrence
Been Liked: 99 times
Has Liked: 86 times

Post by Les Lawrence » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:35 pm

Wasn't Stone involved in bullying accusations with you youth team?

Cirrus_Minor
Been Liked: 1156 times
Has Liked: 1282 times

Post by Cirrus_Minor » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:36 pm

Absolutely crazy. Probably the best chance of staving off relegation, slim now, and promotion next season.

Crazy!!

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:39 pm

Vino blanco wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:57 pm
Sean Dyche deserves our thanks and respect for what he has achieved at the club and is, without doubt, a Burnley legend. But, thing change in life and we have to move on: the club is bigger than any manager or chairman. Now is the time to support the team in the remaining matches and hope we can stay up.
Finally, the people on here who have mentioned the nationality and religion of our chairman should be ashamed of themselves.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:40 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Probably Vizeh after what he posted on Twitter.

Murger
Been Liked: 1235 times
Has Liked: 844 times

Post by Murger » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:41 pm

Just by reading some of the comments, the new man stands no chance. You'd think this was Dyche FC, not Burnley.
These 9 users liked this post: RVclaret Vino blanco buzzclarets79 Vegas Claret Shaggy nyclaret tiger76 Enola Gay Boss Hogg

summitclaret
Been Liked: 827 times
Has Liked: 1307 times

Post by summitclaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:41 pm

Why would an untried guy have say hope of keeping us up or getting us up?

CoolClaret
Been Liked: 2159 times
Has Liked: 2047 times

Post by CoolClaret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:42 pm

I still can’t believe it.

I was skeptical of ALK, then extremely worried once the Atlantic published the piece damning them and their business practices.

Now I’m straight mortified - our club built on the backs of average working lads from (predominantly) the British isles, being ruined by a bunch of charlatan snake oil salesman from Utah.

Sickening

deanothedino
Been Liked: 695 times
Has Liked: 293 times

Post by deanothedino » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:42 pm

ClaretTony wrote:
Report it then?

Vegas Claret

Post by Vegas Claret » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:43 pm

One initial thought I would add is this does make Pace look a little foolish given all the hyping up of Dyche he has previously done. Makes me wonder if Dyche didn't have a relegation clause in his contract and then refused to re-negotiate and Pace just thought "screw you then". It does seem very odd timing

BurnleyFC
Been Liked: 1596 times
Has Liked: 888 times

Post by BurnleyFC » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:46 pm

There’s been a bust up of some sorts, no two ways about it.

10 years at the club and no thank you video or leaving message, not a peep out of anyone at the club apart from Pace’s 2 paragraphs in his statement.

KRBFC

Post by KRBFC » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:48 pm

Vegas Claret wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:43 pm
One initial thought I would add is this does make Pace look a little foolish given all the hyping up of Dyche he has previously done. Makes me wonder if Dyche didn't have a relegation clause in his contract and then refused to re-negotiate and Pace just thought "screw you then". It does seem very odd timing
Something drastic happened imo, probably a fall out. Jim White said today on Talksport he received a text from someone ''close to Dyche'' who said ''Sean's very disappointed but knew it was coming with the way the club was being run'' whatever that means.